19"

The snow had started to melt under Anala's feet as she trudged down to the Womping Willow, under her arm a package she'd managed to smuggle from the kitchens

She'd been struggling to escape the castle as the majority of the time she was always accompanied with Susan, Hannah, Cedric or a crowd of other Hufflepuff.

Being friends with Cedric from first year meant that Anala was always surrounded with students, wether they wanted to be her friend or cedrics. Still, she never paid much attention to them, she had all the friends she needed.

Anala had tried to distance herself from Hannah slowly. She'd decided weeks prior that perhaps the two girls friendship wasn't meant to last. She had also noticed that it seemed Hannah had come to the same conclusion. Though she still liked Hannah the two felt as if it was better to be civil and not create Susan any drama. Anala was silently impressed at how maturely Hannah had handled it all.

"Miss Black?"

Anala nearly jumped out of her skin, caught off guard by the voice beside her.

"Ah, Professor Lupin" she smiled, trying to tuck the package under her arm discreetly.

She wasn't sure if Lupin had seen as he raised an eyebrow, but he continued and didn't say anything, "how are you? Nice Christmas?"

"Oh yeah" Anala answered awkwardly as the package poked into her side uncomfortable, "I just spent it with my family. My cousin Nymphadora and I went Christmas shopping"

"Ah yes, the Tonks' " Lupin nodded as if he was reminiscing, "how are Andromeda and Ted?"

"Good" Anala replied, " Teds got a new job at the Ministry"

"Yes, I've heard. Well, I must be getting going" he smiled tightly

"Oh... urm Professor" Anala followed, "are you alright?" She asked looking at his worn appearance

Remus looked taken aback for a minute;
"Oh hi Remus" Zenevieva smiled back

"Are you alright?" Remus asked taking a seat on the floor beside her

"Oh yeah, I'm fine" she brushed off, "I'm just waiting for James is all. He told me to wait for him here. Though he's a little late"

"And Zene..."

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? Really?"

"I'm okay" Zenevieva smiled, "really Remus"

"Professor?" Anala asked confusedly snapping Lupin out of his thoughts, "is everything okay?"

"Of course, It's just the full moon coming up. I'm sure you understand"

"I do" she nodded in understanding

"Well...I best be off" he smiled weakly

Anala nodded back and let out a sigh of relief as she watched Professor Lupin walk back up to the castle.
Bringing out the package from her robe she increased her pace towards the womping willow, praying not to encounter anyone else on her way.

Picking up a stone from the base of the tree, she threw it forward, it hitting the knot and freezing the branches as she slipped down into the tunnel.

"Hello?!" She called down the cold tunnel

Padfoot emerged from the end of the tunnel, cautious as he didn't know if she was alone.

As he spotted Anala he transformed back.

"Sorry I've not been in ages" Anala apologised as she set down the package on the old dust broken bed

"It's been freezing" Sirius shivered, shovelling mouthfuls of food into his mouth

"Have you had any luck with Pettigrew recently?" Anala asked, watching Sirius concernedly

Sirius only waved her off

"The blasted Rat keeps getting away. The red headed boy keeps him hidden away, Harry's friend"

"Ahh, Ron" Anala nodded, "I could help, I mean-"

"Speaking of Harry, have you spoken to him?" Sirius interrupted eagerly, pausing from eating his food

"No. We don't really cross paths" Anala replied, brushing off the fact he'd interrupted her. It's had been a long time since Sirius had any human interaction

"That's a shame" Sirius frowned as he went back to ravaging his food

"Eh, not really" Anala shrugged

"Oh?" Sirius asked interestedly, "why's that?"

"Well... he and his friends seem to get up to a lot of trouble, y'know? It can get a little annoying sometimes"

"A lot of trouble eh?" Sirius smiled, placing his food down, "sounds like fun"

Anala only shrugged, "causes problems though"

"He sounds like his father. Looks exceptionally like his as well" Sirius reminisced as a far away look washed over his face

"Were you that close?"

"Oh yes. James was my best friend at Hogwarts. I was there for all of it. When he went out with Lily, when his parents passed... that night when..."

"So you knew Harry's parents as well as mine then?"

Sirius only nodded

"Did they have much to do with each other?" She asked curiously

"For some time" Sirius nodded

"For some time?" Anala questioned

"What's Harry like?" He asked, Ignoring her question

"Er... I don't really know" she shrugged

"Oh" Sirius simply stated

"But when you're name is cleared you can get to meet him yourself!" She said happily, trying to bring the mood up, "you're his godfather right? Maybe he'd want to live with you or something?"

"Live with me?" Sirius asked

"Yeah" Anala nodded, "when you've got a house and everything"

"I don't think he's like that" Sirius replied

"You never know until you ask"

———————————————————————————
A/N

I love Sirius but I feel like as a character he's very flawed.

He sees Harry as James and Anala as Regulus. And while Sirius is dependent on Anala, being in the shack, it's the way he and Regulus were dependent on eachother when they were little. Whereas Sirius sees Harry as James, the person he sees as his real brother at his time at Hogwarts, as his childhood ends.

I think it's a good reflection of how he depends on Reg and Nala at the beginning, when he's weak and unsure and then sort of replaces them with James and Harry as he realises he doesn't need them anymore because he has this sort of confidence and Regulus and Nala couldn't compete with James and Harry