26"

Anala sat in a compartment on the Hogwarts express with Susan who was sat across from her, it flying through the Scottish moorlands

Anala sat in a compartment on the Hogwarts express with Susan who was sat across from her, it flying through the Scottish moorlands. The Diggorys had gotten her trunk brought over from her home that her aunt Andromeda had packed for her and offered her a lift to Kings-cross which she accepted gracefully.

Susan sat silently with a pale face reading the daily prophet. Plastered onto the front cover was the dark mark over head in the sky, above it the title, Terror at the Quidditch World Cup. The food trolly had already come by and Anala sat unpacking her chocolate frogs, watching them jump out of the train window and fly away in the wind, only really being interested in the cards.

"Huh, look I got another Helga Hufflepuff" Anala said holding the card up to Susan.

Susan however didn't seem to be listening, so consumed within the prophet she didn't even realise that Anala had been talking.

"Susan!"

"Sorry, yes?"

Anala frowned as she saw how pale and sickly Susan looked. She looked terrified. Anala was always the braver and confident one between the two girls and often found herself comforting and Protecting Susan, especially without Hannah around as often who would also occasionally step up and help. She didn't mind it though. Her friends meant the world to her and her loyalty towards Susan could never be matched. They'd been so close ever since they'd first met. Anala smiled at her warmly, placing down her stack of cards and joining Susan on the other side of the compartment. She sat down beside her putting her arm around her and squeezing her side comfortingly.

"Hey it's all gonna be fine Sue" she said taking the paper out of her hands and folding it up and throwing it to the place she was previously sat

"It's all so terrible" Susan sniffed shaking her head

Susan was always a sensitive soul, pure and kind. The type of girl who always wore her heart on her sleeve.

"How can people be so evil" she asked Anala seriously

"Anger and hate makes people do stupid things" Anala sighed

"I'm just worried Nala. It's getting dangerous out there"

"Hogwarts is safe Sue. It's the safest place ever. Dumbledore would never let anything happen to any of his students. Never in a million years"

"I know" Susan breathed shakily, "I just work myself up sometimes. When I heard the news about the Quidditch cup I was so worried for you and Cedric, Nala"

"But it's okay. Cedric and I are perfectly fine. Perfectly fine Susan" Anala repeated

Susan nodded slowly as Anala pulled her into a proper hug, holding her securely.

"They'll all be rounded up and thrown in Azkaban and we'll never have to think about it ever again. Now come on, let's make fourth year the best year yet"

"You're right Susan agreed. Thank you Nala"

"Of course Sue. Now how about we move onto a lighter topic? How was your summer?"

"It was good actually" Susan smiled, the colour returning to her face, "my parents and Mike stayed at my Grandmas house in Wales for three weeks. We hadn't seen her for ages so it was really nice to see her. Anyway, enough about me! Did you have a good time at Cedrics?" She smiled

Anala rolled her eyes and pushed her gently, "stop it, I know what you're thinking. But... I did enjoy it. It was really nice" She blushed subtly, "Cedric was so sweet the entire time, we didn't stop laughing the entire time and I absolutely adore his mum. She's the loveliest"

"Aw well I'm glad you had a lovely time" Susan smiled, "and it seems like someone's got a crush"

"It seems so" Anala shrugged, joining in Susan's laugher as the train rattled down the tracks towards the castle and past the lake.