2"

First year Prologue

First year Prologue

"Come on darling" Andromeda Tonks hurried guiding Anala through the packed platform.

Platform 9 3/4 was full with witches and wizards alike all in a last rush to make it into the train before it left.

The trains steam billowed out in great clouds drifting over the railway as the last few Hogwarts students scrambled onto the carriages.

"Are you sure you've got everything?" Andromeda asked quickly, flattening Anala's hair down and wiping away a mark on her cheek

"I'm sure aunt meda" Anala nodded backing away as Andromeda went to lick her finger to wipe the dirt away

"Stop fussing Andy" Ted smiled slapping a hand on Anala's shoulder, "she's got everything"

"Right!" Nymphadora Tonks beamed, "Nala knows what she's doing dont you narl?"

Anala nodded back, sending a smile Nymphadora's way.

"Well okay then" Andromeda sighed pulling Anala into a tight hug, "have fun and behave yourself" she smiled, once again flattening her hair

"Have a great time Kid" Ted smiled pulling her into his side lovingly

"We'll see you at Christmas!" Nymphadora waved as Anala stepped into the train

Anala felt the train lurch slightly beneath her making her stumble slightly as she waved goodbye frantically.

Deciding that she should probably find a compartment she hauled up her trunk and owl cage and clattered down the carriages.

Lugging her trunk behind her she sighed as each compartment she past was practically full. Peering into a compartment she saw two boys, a red head and a boy with glasses, they seemed in full conversation laughing happily and she didn't want to interrupt them. Carrying on she peered into the next compartment, inside a girl, no older than herself.

Anala slid the compartment door open apprehensively, "hi, I was just wondering if I could sit here?" She asked gesturing to the the empty seat

The other girl looked over her quickly before shrugging her shoulders and nodding.

"I'm Anala by the way" she smiled softly taking her seat and looking expectantly at the girl

"Susan" she replied quietly, "Susan Bones"

"Well it's nice to meet you Susan" She smiled pulling out a bag of snacks Andromeda had packed for her

The mousy girl across from her looked at her bag enviously, "my mum didn't pack me anything" she sighed, "said I'd have to wait for the feast"

"Oh" Anala frowned, "well you can share mine if you'd like I'm not that hungry, my Aunt only packed them for me just in case"

Susan's eyes light up, "are you sure?"