31"

The mood in the Hufflepuff common room was indifferent

The mood in the Hufflepuff common room was indifferent. There were several people partying around the room, chanting and singing, proud that someone from their house had been picked to represent Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory at that. But there were others that whispered, complained. Harry Potter had once again taken the glory. He'd cheated. There was only supposed to be three champions. One Hogwarts champion.

Anala reminded undecided, Harry had looked to baffled to have put his name in, too confused. But then again, it was Cedric's moment, the glory.

Cedric group of friends had put on some loud music and brought out drinks from everyone and a party in celebration was well underway. Susan was dancing with Ernie on the far side of the room and Hannah had gone to the toilet leaving Anala to stand on her own by the wall, swirling her drink around in her cup disinterestedly.

"Here he is!" Ernie roared, "bloody Hogwarts Champion everyone! The real Hogwarts champion!"

"The real Hogwarts champion!" Everyone cheered back

Anala smiled into her cup as she took a sip.

Cedric laughed as people congratulated him and patted his back. After he'd finished his polite chatter he moved towards Anala.

"Not enjoying yourself Nala?"

"What do you mean Ced?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, "I'm having a blast"

"It definitely looks like it" Cedric smirked, his words laced with sarcasm

"You're gonna make this tournament look like a piece of cake" Anala smiled, "truly, I believe that. You're going to win this Cedric, and I'm going to help you"

"The rules-"

"Fuck the rules" Anala rolled her eyes

Cedric shook his head in amusement, "I think you want this more than me"

"I just want you to be safe" Anala shrugged finishing the rest of her drink

Cedric nodded in understanding still watching her closely, "we should leave here for a bit. It's too loud in here"

Anala placed her cup down on the sofas arm as Cedric took her hand and lead her out of the common room.

The halls were empty as the sun had dipped down behind the hills leaving darkness to creep into the castle.

Cedric continued to hold Anala's hand giving it a gentle, tender squeeze as his other hand held his wand light.

"Well would you look at his, golden Diggory out stalking the castle at night. Who would've thought" Anala whispered jokingly

"Shove off Nala" he rolled his eyes, a smirk pulling at the corners of his lips

The pair of them had wondered all the way to the astronomy tower. A cold wind blew through it making Anala shiver. Cedric noticed and wrapped his robes around her.

Anala smiled appreciatively, letting go off his hand and walking towards the end. She slowly sat down, letting her legs dangle over the edge.

"Careful" Cedric warned watching her before joining her at the edge, taking a seat behind her

"Merlin I love it here" Anala sighed

"Here?" Cedric asked

"Hogwarts. The castle, the astronomy tower. With you"

"I love it here too"

Anala breathed in the cold air and laid her back down, her legs still dangling over the edge.

Cedric did the same.

They stayed there for a while, in comfortable silence.

The stars were glinting in the abyss, like someone had taken a large handful of diamonds and tossed them into the sky. Anala adored Astronomy. The starts told you everything, the future, the past, everything. She tried to read them, just out of curiosity.

Squinting her eyes she managed to spot a few, one she couldn't help but look away from. It was if her eyes were glued onto the constellation. It twinkled a little bit brighter than the ones around it, like it wanted Anala to read it. As if it was asking for her to read it.

Corvus, the constellation representing death.

There it was.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

They were all there, all five stars making up the constellation.

Apollo's Raven, perched on the back of a snake.

Bright and clear.

"Are you okay?" Cedric asked suddenly

"Huh?" Anala asked blankly, blinking a few times

"You seemed to drift off a little bit" He smiled comfortingly, trying to hide the worry on his face

"No no, I'm okay" she reassured, "how are you feeling about the Potter situation?"Anala asked trying to change the topic

"Well it's not the best is it" Cedric shrugged, "but we can't do anything about it, I don't think Potter put his name in the cup honestly. Plus, it might be nice to have someone familiar with me during the tasks"

Anala laughed quietly, "you're too kind"

"No one can ever be too kind Nala. Never" Cedric replied easily, "people deserve the best from you, even when they don't deserve it. Kindness and friendship is everything"

This hit Anala straight in the chest.

She didn't think she could ever reach the pureness of Cedric. She didn't think the same. Didn't believe that people deserved kindness until the proved they deserved it.

"You never fail to amaze me" she shook her head looking back to the stars, instantly finding the constellation, "I can feel you still looking at me" she smiled, feeling cedrics eyes on her face, "what is it?"

"You're too beautiful for me too look away from"

Anala searched for any jokiness or lightheartedness in his tone. There wasn't any.

It was sincere and raw.

She rolled her head to face him, his face so close to hers.

Cedric placed a hand on her cheek, using his thumb to caress over the dainty freckles across her cheekbones. A lock of his blond hair falling across his forehead, his eyes shining in the star light.

"Too beautiful" he whispered, his eyes flickering over her face. Her eyes, her nose, her lips, her eyebrows.

Anala scoffed a little bit with a laugh.

"I'm being serious" Cedric smiled

"Alright Lover boy" Anala joked nudging his shoulder, "tomorrow, we're going to the library two hours before breakfast"

"Why so early?" Cedric groaned

"Because you're going to memorise as many spells as you possible can, and I'm going to help you"