𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ANASTASIYA FELT THE BLOOD IN HER STOP flowing for a second. Just one second. But it was enough to never forget that feeling as the Cauldron's power prowled over the lands and swallowed everything in its wake. She couldn't hear anything, she couldn't see anything, but she felt it. Deep in her bones, she felt it.

There but not there.

In the wake of the empty, blasted bit of plain where the Carver had been.

She felt herself gaze at the once occupied speck of land, but it did not feel like her own will as she beheld it. As she looked at that decimated part of the plain, the ashes of the Illyrians still raining down. Her eyes wouldn't look away.

Her ears ringed.

She finally snapped out of it, even as the army began to panic in the wake of the Cauldron's might, the remaining bulk of the Illyrian legions re-formed their lines and charged ahead, Thesan's Peregryns wholly interspersed with them now.

Jurian's human army, made up of Graysen's men and others. . . To their credit, they did not falter. Did not break, even as they went down one by one. Anastasiya knew—had always known—that whilst faerie creatures had the advantages in their abilities, humans had it in their resilience. And she knew they'd be damned before they turned to slaves again.

Yet if the Cauldron dealt another blow, she feared even that wouldn't keep them alive.

Nesta had her brow in the grass as Navid landed so soundlessly, death looming over his shoulders. He was reaching for her as his silky voice pressed, "What is it, what—"

"It's gone quiet again," Nesta breathed, letting Navid haul her into a sitting position as he scanned her face. Determination and coldness lay in his own. Did he know? That she had screamed for him, knowing he'd come. . . That she had done it to save him?

Cassian hurled Dione's way, his arms going around her, as his wings still held him above ground, now with her in his hands. It looked like a demon had just come to steal his divine bride, yet something about the picture made Anastasiya sad. The way he held her. The way Navid held Nesta. The way Rhysand held Feyre.

She felt sad for them. For the little time they had gotten to spend together, before the war broke out. She wished they got more time.

Rhys only ordered him, "Get back in line. The soldiers need you there."

Cassian bared his teeth. "What the hell can we do against that?"