𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

AFTER ANA REVEALED THE secret to Cian, the man had made it his mission to be more on guard.

Guard.

He took that word very serious, always making sure she came home safely—if she went out to visit him or rode into the woods or went for a simple walk. Of course, Ana had told him about the possibility of a next meeting with the queens, and Cian—bless his heart—had been bold enough to announce his attendance.

She had burst out laughing, after he told her.

Now, it had been many weeks and spring had at last dawned on the human world, crocuses and daffodils poking their heads out of the thawed earth. Nesta's and Anastasiya's birthdays were coming up at the end of the month. First came Anastasiya's birthday at the end of April—more like at the 15th, but Ana always liked celebrating her birthday together with Nesta—and then Nesta's at the beginning of may.

Elain was planning a big picnic for both birthdays—as the eldest and youngest preferred—and had given Mrs. Mankell the task to prepare a simple strawberry cake and small portions of various muffins for the birthday girls with milk and raspberry juice—it was mixed with water so that it wouldn't taste so sweet. The juice was a favourite of the girls and a secret recipe of their nanny from their childhood.

She had taken care of Nesta, when she was just a babe, then of Elain, then of Feyre, and finally of Ana. Though, by the time Anastasiya was born their nanny was already older and not as energetic as when she took care of the other three. But Anastasiya had still been nursed into a good child by her—Justine Barlowe.