𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ROBBIE HUNG UNTO ANASTASIA with a tight grip, even as she navigated them towards Elain so that they could all stay huddled together. Elain had urged her sister to come nearer—to protect her. But Ana needed no protection. All she needed was to know which hour of the day, or rather night, it was.

"Are you okay?" Elain asked again, the words coming out muffled as she gripped onto her sisters arm, her eyes dancing from the little blond boy to her sister.

Ana could only nod while she frantically scanned the tent. It was luxurious and elegant, not at all befitting of the unworthy king and his hideous persona. He would need a cold, dark and dusty cave to rot in with beasts that came out in the dark to prey on the innocent.

Like him.

"We need to get out of here, Elain. They'll. . . they'll do unimaginable things to us if we don't get out," she rambled under her breath. Almost as if she were insane. Almost.

But Anastasia felt saner than ever. She had finally understood.

Throughout all her life Anastasia had been sheltered and under the protection of someone else. She had never needed to defend herself, because there was always someone who had her back. Even if Ana was protective over the people she loved, and even if she never put herself first. Even if she never stopped caring for other before she cared for herself.

It hadn't been enough. Her efforts to repay her sisters and the luck she had for being related to them—it hadn't been enough to spare her the sadness and burdens of the evil side of the world. Everyone had to carry them, but the Fates decided who carried how much. It was unfair.