𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NO ONE SAID ANYTHING. And Anastasia felt the anxiety in her stomach bubble. She hoped that the Night Court would allow Nesta to leave with them—hoped that her sister could come back with the information they needed. If the Elves were to aid the humans, then they needed to know how big the threat from overseas was. They needed to convince them to fight.

Nesta only lifted her chin. "I . . ." Anastasia had never seen her stumble for words, not in front of others, at least. "I do not want to be remembered as a coward."

"No one would say that," Feyre offered quietly, though Ana knew that most of the people in the room thought otherwise, especially Mor. Anastasia hadn't forgotten her words. But then again, Ana was biased.

"I would." Nesta surveyed them all, her gaze jumping past Navid. Not to slight him, but. . . avoid answering the look he was giving her. Approval—more. "It was some distant thing," she said. "War. Battle. It. . . it's not anymore. I will help, if I can. If it means. . . telling them what happened."

When Nesta's eyes had met Ana's gaze, she saw the truth shining in them. Their goal was to save the mortals—for them to stay free and keep their rights.

"You've given enough," Feyre said, her dress rustling as she braved a solitary step toward her. "Amren claimed you were close to mastering whatever skill you need. You should stay—focus on that."

"No." The word was steady—clear. "A day or two delay with my training won't make any difference. Perhaps by the time we return, Amren will have decoded that spell in the Book."

She shrugged with a shoulder. "You went off to battle for a court you barely know—who barely see you as friends. Amren showed me the blood ruby. And when I asked you why. . . you said because it was the right thing. People needed help." Her throat bobbed. "No one is going to fight to save the humans beneath the wall. No one cares. But I do." She toyed with a fold in her dress. "I do."