𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THEY HELPED WITH THE wounded long into the night, Mor, Nesta, Feyre, Dione, Alasdair—who had enough energy to help—and Anastasia worked alongside each other. Alasdair kept by Ana as he used his powers to heal the badly injured. She was there to shield him from onlookers, because whilst the Fae couldn't detect their difference, they could still see.

And he kept her away from the more brutal wounds, trying to spare her the sight of guts hanging out of a warrior—or of blood.

A long day for all of them, yes, but the others. . . They had fought for hours. From the tight angle of Mor's jaw as she tended to injured Darkbringers and Illyrians alike, they knew the various recountings of the battle wore on her—not for the tales of glory and gore, but for the sole fact that she had not been there to fight beside them.

When Nesta, Alasdair and Ana left for their tent, they decided to change, before meeting again outside. There was something they needed to talk about. And Ana still wanted to look for a certain Shadowsinger.

Changing into Alasdair's old tunic and cotton pants—the ones they had taken with them—Anastasia sat down beside Elain's chaise. Her golden-brown hair was in a braid and her face hidden in her pillow. She could make out the tear streaks on her cheek, where it showed slightly.

Sighing, Ana pressed a sweet kiss on her sister's head. "I will make sure that no one is going to hurt you anymore, Elle," she whispered into the night, making a promise that would show the world how strong a bond between sisters could be. What a person would do for the people they loved.

Due to their higher endurance, both Elves had no problem with staying awake a bit more. Nesta, on the other hand, was visibly exhausted and sleepy. She had changed into a modest nightgown, but her hair was still in its up-do style and her face still dirty with flecks of mud and blood.