𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

HEARING STORIES ABOUT HER time with Aunt Ripleigh, Anastasiya realized that Feyre had been rather busy. After the older woman passed, Feyre had inherited her fortune. And what a tremendous fortune it was: the trunks that accompanied her hadn't contained just clothing—several of them had been filled with gold and jewels. Not cut jewels, either, but enormous, raw jewels that would pay for a thousand estates.

Their father was currently taking inventory of those jewels; he had holed himself up in the office that overlooked the garden in which Feyre was sitting beside Elain and Ana in the grass. Through the window, Feyre spied her father hunched over his desk, a little scale before him as he weighed an uncut ruby the size of a duck's egg. He was clear-eyed again, and moved with a sense of purpose, of vibrancy, that Feyre hadn't seen since before the downfall. Even his limp was improved—made miraculously better by some tonic and a salve a strange, passing healer had given him for free.

Gone were his hunched shoulders and downcast, misty eyes. Their father smiled freely, laughed readily, and doted on Elain, who in turn doted on him. Nesta, though, had been quiet and watchful, only giving Elain or Anastasiya answers not longer than a word or two. The first dinner in their manor had been one of the only times Nesta was fully content.

"These bulbs," Elain said, pointing with a gloved hand to a cluster of purple-and-white flowers, "came all the way from the tulip fields of the continent. Father promised that next spring he'll take me to see them. He claims that for mile after mile, there's nothing but these flowers." She patted the rich, dark soil. The little garden beneath the window was hers: every bloom and shrub had been picked and planted by her hand; she would allow no one else to care for it—only Anastasia because she wanted to teach her. Even the weeding and watering she did on her own—with the help of Ana.