𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE ARCHERONS DINED ON roasted venison that night. Though Feyre seemed to think it was foolish, she didn't object when each of them had a small second helping until Feyre declared the meat off-limits. Feyre was going to spend the next day preparing the deer's remaining parts for consumption, then she would allot a few hours to currying up both hides before taking them to the market. Ana knew that her sister knew a few vendors who might be interested in such a purchase—though neither was likely to give her the fee she deserved. But money was money, and Feyre didn't have the time or the funds to travel to the nearest large town to find a better offer.

Ana was silently eating her food, chewing on her meat as if it were candy. Her fork was slightly bent, indicating just how used it was and how good—more like bad-their cutlery's quality was. The fork was part of the shabby set their father had salvaged from the servants' quarters while the creditors ransacked the Archeron manor home. None of the utensils matched, but it was better than using fingers to eat.

Their mothers dowry flatware had long since been sold.

Mrs. Archeron. Imperious and cold with her children, joyous and dazzling among peerage who frequented the former Archeron estate, doting on their father—the one person whom she truly loved and respected. But she also had truly loved parties-so much so that she didn't have time to do anything with Ana or Feyre at all. The only thing Mrs. Archeron had cared about, that had something to do with the two youngest sisters, was to arrange marriages for the future. Had she lived long enough to see their wealth crumble, she would have been shattered by it—more so than Mr. Archeron. Perhaps it was a merciful thing that she died.

If anything, it left more food for the Archerons.

Ana looked at her sisters, who were still focused on their food. She was feeling better after the nap she took. Hopefully it would last long. Her body was still warmer than it should be, but her headache had subsided and she wasn't shivering as much anymore.