𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHE WAS FALLING. She heard her sisters' screams and Azriel's shout, but Ana hadn't been able to concentrate on them. Her eyes were on the small yet magnificent beast flying towards her and Robbie. Its great body rotating sideways, so that the big wings could glide and had space to flap.

She would recognise those redish-black scales and those orange flaming eyes anywhere. Those sharp scales had grown into a deadly armour and the red colour had blended more into the black tones. It was a beautiful contrast. Dangerous and warning the world about his mighty power.

Finally, after that long period of time, Anastasiya got to see at least one of them.

Her children. Her babies.

Ryuu's eyes stared deeply into hers and then—

Anastasiya and Robbie landed on top of him with a loud thud. The dragon looked back only slightly, but it was enough to catch her relieved, yet disbelieving, smile and the wide eyes of Robbie. And with that Ryuu quickly and quietly flew through the ravine, lulling Anastasiya and Robbie into sleep with the hypnotic rhythm of his flapping wings. Leaving behind the damned camp of Hybern's army and that beastly woman.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Ana woke up to the feel of rough scales underneath her hands, the painful sensations on her arms and ankles, and a slight breeze fanning her face and whipping her hair back. Two small arms were wrapped around her and a soft cheek was pressed to her collarbone. Yet the feeling of her skin burning took all her attention.

Her eyes fluttered open. Everything was blue and white—wherever she looked.

And then her eyes strayed to the sides, watching as Ryuu glided in the air with those great membranes fully stretched out. The wings had thick skin, but were the most sensitive. A spear, dagger, sword of the right metal could slice them open and disable the dragon. Yet nothing could kill the creature but one of its kind.