𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

-ˏˋ𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬ˊˎ
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THEY HAD AN HOUR so Anastasia and Alasdair made sure to pack their weapons, fighting leathers—Ana had gotten her own as a present from Qarida and she was very excited to try them on as Qarida barely gave away gifts—and her potion to surpress those unknown powers of hers. Alasdair also packed the clothes and tools they took from the old castle. Just in case.

"What did they say?" Anastasia asked as she packed her things, her dress already replaced by a tunic and leather pants with her hook-like dagger strapped to her thigh and its sibling hidden in her black boot. She had her hair tied up in a ponytail and some small strands braided. Alasdair did them, said it would bring luck if an elf braided another one's hair before battle.

She braided two strands of his after he finished with hers.

He sighed, tugging a new tunic over his head and then his armour. It was almost as if he didn't want to answer. Then he spoke at last, "They'll fight. Said something about joining a human flock to help train their soldiers. I don't know about anything else—Zorya was very vague."

Anastasia's eyebrows furrowed and she wrinkled her nose. "A human flock? But. . . the Queens allied with Hybern," she pointed out, giving him a look of confusion. Then her face smoothed out again and her lips shaped an 'o'. "Unless some humans got wind of the whole thing and took matters into their own hands, starting their own defense—gods, there's hope!" She uttered, looking completely bewildered.

"There's actually hope," she whispered again, this time in disbelief, whilst she looked at Alasdair with big eyes.

A grin appeared on Alasdair's lips as he watched Ana come to her conclusion. "Kid, there is in fact, not only hope, but a guaranty," he stated, holding out the two fans—no traces of the blood from the battle in Adriata to be seen—for her to take.