Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner

Start from the beginning

After careful deliberation, Judge Wilson rendered her verdict. She began by acknowledging that the school's primary responsibility was to ensure the safety and well-being of its students. Jake's actions had clearly violated this fundamental duty. She ruled that Jake be expelled from Willowbrook Elementary School, recognizing that his presence posed a significant threat to the safety of the other students.

But Judge Wilson didn't stop there. She then turned her attention to the issue of compensating Jenn and Ben for the emotional trauma that Jake had inflicted on their son, Sam. She recognized that the scars left on Sam's heart were deep and long-lasting. While no amount of money could truly heal those wounds, the judge felt it was important to send a clear message about the consequences of such severe bullying.

With a sense of gravity, Judge Wilson ordered Jake's parents, Lisa and Mark, to pay Jenn and Ben $10 million dollars as compensation for the emotional trauma their son had caused to Sam. The sizable sum was intended to not only help Sam receive the best therapy and support available but also to serve as a deterrent to others who might consider bullying as a means of asserting power over their peers.

Jenn and Ben knew that this court hearing was best choice in helping Sam feel secure. They would continue to be his unwavering support system.

In celebration of their big victory, the entire family decided to go out for a special dinner. They loaded into their minivan, each sibling excitedly chatting and laughing as they drove to their favorite restaurant.

Jenn turned to Ben and said, "You know, Ben, I feel so lucky to have you in my life. You bring so much joy and happiness into my world." 

As they gazed into each other's eyes, they reminisced about the journey they had taken together. Jenn continued, "And you know, Ben, I'm not just lucky to have you, but I'm also grateful for the beautiful family we've created together. Our kids mean the world to me, and I'm so thankful for the love and laughter they bring into our lives."

Ben nodded, his heart full of love for their children. "Our family is a true blessing, Jenn. We've blended our lives seamlessly, and I couldn't have asked for a more loving and supportive partner to go through this journey with. Our kids are amazing, and they're a reflection of the love and care we've given them."

Their conversation was filled with sweet words and expressions of love. They talked about their dreams, their shared goals, and the little moments that made their life together so special. They cherished the simple joys of cooking dinner together, sharing stories around the dinner table, and family outings to the park.

Ben smiled and reached for Jenn's hand, saying, "I feel the same way, Jenn. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You light up my life in ways I never imagined. We did so good in court and I am beyond proud of you for keeping me grounded. I love you so much."

"I love you more." Jenn held his hand. 

As they settled into their cozy corner booth, the Affleck family exchanged smiles and affectionate glances. The restaurant's rustic decor, with wooden beams and soft candlelight, created an intimate ambiance for this special occasion. The children, Sam, Juni, Raelynn, Violet, Max, Sera, and Cy, couldn't contain their excitement for this rare family gathering.

Ben reached for Jennifer's hand and said, "Jenn, it's moments like these that remind me of how blessed we are. To have our beautiful family here, all together, it warms my heart."

Jennifer, her eyes sparkling with love, replied, "You're my rock, Ben. You've always been there for us, and I couldn't imagine my life without you."

Their words of affection set a loving tone for the evening, and the children, who had witnessed their parents' strong bond, felt inspired by their deep connection.

The dinner conversation was filled with laughter and the kids' playful jokes. Sam, with a twinkle in his eye, started things off with a classic riddle, "Why don't scientists trust atoms?"

Violet, always quick on her feet, chimed in, "Because they make up everything!"

Max couldn't resist contributing, "Speaking of making up everything, did you hear about the mathematician who's afraid of negative numbers? He'll stop at nothing to avoid them!"

Sera, giggling, added, "And I heard the one about the scarecrow who won an award. He was outstanding in his field!"

Cy, shyly shared a joke he had learned, "Why did the tomato turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!"

The table erupted in laughter, including Ben and Jennifer, who were enjoying this precious family moment. They ordered delicious Southern dishes, and between bites, the kids continued their entertaining conversation.

Sam posed another riddle, "What did one wall say to the other wall?"

Violet answered, "I don't know, what did it say?"

Sam grinned, "I'll meet you at the corner!"

Max couldn't help himself and chimed in, "That's funny, but you know what's even funnier? When you tickle a piano, it laughs!"

The family's laughter was infectious, and the restaurant's atmosphere was filled with joy. They enjoyed their dinner, shared stories of their day, and kept the jokes and riddles coming throughout the meal. It was a night of love, connection, and endless laughter, a memory the Affleck family would cherish forever. As they left the restaurant, hand in hand, the kids were still laughing and sharing riddles, bringing smiles to the faces of everyone they passed by.