Strictly business...

Continuation of the commercial shoot

Ben's Perspective

"Ready?" Jen asked, peering at me over the rim of her glasses while casually leaning against the armrest.

I nodded affirmatively.

Beside Jennifer stood a poised woman, ready to provide me with cue cards should my lines slip my mind.

"Action!" Jennifer declared with a burst of energy.

(New York set at Universal Studios)

Salma Hayek strolled onto the bustling set, turning a corner and unexpectedly colliding with none other than Keanu Reeves.

"Watch where you're going!" Salma snapped, a touch of annoyance in her voice.

"You watch where you're going!" Keanu retorted, not one to back down.Approaching them with a tray of Dunkin' Donuts coffee and pastries, I intervened with a calming suggestion, "Maybe you guys could use a donut," offering a soft smile as a peace offering.

They each took a donut, and as they indulged, the tension dissipated. "Better?" I asked and they both nodded in agreement.

"Much better. Best donuts of my life," Salma exclaimed, sharing a laugh with Keanu as they strolled down the street together.

"What can I say? America runs on Dunkin'," I winked at the camera, taking a sip of my coffee before following the newfound friends down the street.

"Perfect!" Jennifer called out, expressing her approval. I engaged in a conversation with Salma, getting to know her a bit before Jennifer approached.

"You did great. I heard you love Dunkin'," Jennifer remarked.

"I do. Maybe even the person they chose to direct the commercial as well," I teased, prompting a playful wink from Jennifer before she returned to her professional demeanor.

After expressing gratitude to the crew, the set cleared, and I made my way back to my trailer. Inside, my hairstylist Natasha gave me a knowing smirk.

"Someone's in love," she observed, handing me a note with a mischievous grin.

"What?" I deflected with a chuckle, intrigued by the mysterious note that had just entered my world.

𝒲ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀ℯ 𝓉ℴ ℊℯ𝓉 𝒹𝓊𝓃𝓀𝒾𝓃 𝓈ℴ𝓂ℯ𝓉𝒾𝓂ℯ..? ;)- 𝒥ℯ𝓃𝓃

I chuckled softly and cast a playful glance at Natasha. "Looks like I've got a date," I said, shrugging nonchalantly and sharing a laugh with her.

"Do you think you'll need my help?" Natasha inquired.

I glanced at her, a hint of confusion on my face. "What do you mean?"

"Ben, let's be real. It's been a while since you've been on a date, especially since Annisa left. Your style could use a bit of a refresh, and you're about to go out with Jennifer Lopez, the hottest woman on the planet," Natasha chuckled softly.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point. Besides, you're the only stylist I trust for something like this," I admitted, glancing at my reflection in the mirror before turning back to her.

"Exactly," Natasha agreed, nodding in affirmation.

I playfully shook my head, and together, we headed to my house. Taking charge of the situation, 

I contacted my manager and requested Jennifer's number.

A few minutes later, my manager delivered Jennifer's number to me. With a nervous sigh, I composed a text message to Jennifer and anxiously awaited her response.

B- "Hey, It's Ben."

J -"Hi baby, did you get my note?"

B- "Yes..."

J- "So did you want to get coffee or did you have something else in mind?"

B- "Actually, how about we go to Craigs? I already have a reservation at 8."

J- "Oh, so you already planned to take me out tonight? 😆"

B- "I  came prepared..."

J- "I like that... I'll see you later. 💞" 

"I found myself with a date tonight, and thankfully, reservations were already in place," I mused with a soft chuckle, glancing over at Natasha.

"Fantastic! Now, let's make sure you're all set, and everything will be perfect. Just a quick stop for flowers on our way home," Natasha suggested, nodding gently as she eyed nearby flower shops.

Once we had everything sorted, from my attire to the bouquet of forever roses Natasha had already picked up, we headed out to Craig's.

"Jennifer's going to love these," I thought optimistically. I stole a glance at Natasha, who was holding the bouquet, and she met my gaze before turning her attention back to the road.

"My wife says you better not mess this up," Natasha remarked with a soft laugh, glancing at me.

"Jenette said that? Wow," I chuckled, shaking my head. "I really like her. I've known Jen all my life, but we never had the chance to get to know each other. We were both married, you know," I added, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Well, now's your chance. Maybe marriage will come out of this. It's time for you to settle down. Annisa was never the right fit, but I'm sure Jen will be your match. Everyone finds their equal at some point," Natasha assured, touching my hand.

Nervously, I nodded in agreement.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, I turned to Natasha. "Don't worry about being nervous. I'm sure she's nervous too. You'll be okay," she reassured me with a smile.

I thanked Natasha, took the flowers, and checked in at the restaurant. An escort led me to a private table where I sat, adjusting my shirt collar. Glancing at my phone, I heard the distinct sound of heels clicking against the floor.

As I looked up, there she was.To be continued...