Wait

Fifty-Three:

Into the Deep

I'm not sure what just happened, but I am now falling and before I knew it, I submerge down to the water. The impact was unexpected I couldn't even swim up resulting for me to go down deeper and deeper. I'm losing my breath as I continue to drown, my vision getting blurry I can no longer see the surface until...

A hand holds on to me, because my vision already failing even my breath I don't know who it was. I just suddenly felt that I can breathe, but still my eyes aren't clear enough to see who save me. I just felt that 'whoever' that was, it saves me out of my misery.

...

"Jeanne!"

As I cough, I heard 'his' voice. I catch up my breath before my eyes finally clearer and see the man that I'm waiting.

"Almos!" I said as soon as I finally recover. "Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked and we're at the surface of the water, we're just floating into nothingness. "And where are we?"

"In your deepest desire." He answered.

"What?" my eyes shrink with confusion.

"You can't understand it right now, and we don't have much time to explain it because right now, we need to escape out of this place."

"I don't know... I don't even know where I am. I just..." 'Wait? Am I... dreaming?'

"No, you are not dreaming."

I intently stare at him. "Then what? Where am I?"

"I said earlier. This is your deepest desire. This isn't a dream rather this is something beyond and right now, your body is in danger. You were put into coma because your spirit is nowhere to find."

"Nowhere to find, yet you found me."

He got speechless for a while. "I'll tell you everything once we escape and right now, we have to find the portal that connects to your consciousness. And we need to hurry."

As he ended his words, the water suddenly shakes and waves begin to show. We were almost swept away due to the gradual strengthening of the water, causing me to cling tightly to Almos.

"What's going on?" I asked as I cling to him and he holds me tightly.

"It was the doing of the Dark Spirit."

"Dark Spirit?"

"Yes. If there's a Light Spirit then, there's also a Dark Spirit. They are the guardians of the Deep. The souls that escape from the Limbo they go into the Deep where Dark Spirit are the ones that guards them and will forever be punish without even vanish."