Vanished

Forty-Eight:

In Between

Azazel laughter suddenly heard all over the place that took our attention back at him.

"Do you really think she can escape me? Because she can't, the hell will always be right beside her."

"You're killing her!" Asim madly answered.

"And that is my purpose. Killing her is what I really need."

I chill from what he said that added to the cold that embracing me and the two by side quickly noticed it and they both went at my side. As I saw their faces, I can easily read how worried they were at me. I don't know what I look like, while they looking at me, but I'm so sure, I'm not in a good shape.

"We need to get her out of here." Almos said.

"Alright, I---"

Asim was about to speak when suddenly something caught them off and the two flew back away from me. Surprised from the sudden attack, I can't even react or move an inch when Azazel just teleports beside me afterwards.

"I'm so sorry, my dear Lady. I didn't mean to kill you on the spot, I just wanted to greet you that is why I brought you and—oh, wait!"

Almos and Asim attack back after they regained themselves but Azazel perfectly counter their attacks and swing them away as if they were just a piece of a paper. I'm so shocked from what I just witnessed but I couldn't do anything even my powers can't be used in this place as if, this whole place is his territory.

"You!" Almos shouted as his wings flops out from his back and I am so sure, I saw a halo around him that lightens the whole place, bringing forth a warm breeze that I badly needed right now.

"Becoming an Angel doesn't mean you were just a guardian that will protect the entire living beings. Basically, you are more than that Almos. Knowing your former self..." he suddenly halts and looks at him with a devious smile. "Oh, I forgot that you've forgotten your past life no wonder you can't solve your sword."

"What!"

"No, don't bite what he says." Asim quickly stopped him.

"Really Asim! You were the last person that I knew would agree to me about recovering his past life, am I right? So, what is the meaning of this stunt that you were pulling?"

"Azazel!" Asim warned him intently that Azazel just shrugs off.

"What does he mean, Asim?" Almos seriously asked him with fierce eyes as he glares towards him.

"This isn't the right time, Almos. We still need to save Jeanne and---"

"And you two can talk it out," Azazel interrupts Asim and smiles towards me. "Meanwhile, me and my dear Lady will go on our normal lives. So, for now, I'll be her savior. I'll save her out of this place and you two should just... catch up maybe... oh, well I don't care! Bye!"