Pray

Nineteen:

The words that I last heard were...

'Pray my child. Pray.'

That I done and I finally saw this single light above that will guide me out of this darkness. With my trembling knees and feet I run towards the light. Without even thinking where it came from and what was that light is.

As I finally reach my destination, I found myself standing in front of a huge church and the light that I saw from afar is the cross that was at the top of it. All my fear and all my worries begin to fade although my body feels so heavy as if there is a huge stone pinning my whole body.

I begin to feel numb, to be exact my body from my waking life begins to paralyze, a sign that I will soon wake up out from a nightmare.

Knowing that I will wake up, my mind goes to Almos rather than to worry about my human body that will wake up in pain and yet in silence I pray for his safe return before the light from the cross enlighten my path going back to my waking day.

*** ***

Fabbri Residence

I awake as soon as I came out of my dream or rather my nightmare and as I expected, my body falls into paralyze and it took me a minute to finally move my body. Breathless, I quickly sit down at my bed and as soon as I got up, my whole body aches that made me scream. Luckily I was alone at my house the reason why I'm free to shout out loud as the pain embraces my whole being. In so much pain, I could feel the pain all the way to my bones.

I felt like a hundred needles strikes were done to my whole body and I could hardly breathe because of the pain. Catching my breath, I couldn't help but cry and let myself drown in my tears. Until I slowly begin to feel less pain and slowly my breath begins to get normal. Slowly, I calm myself and the pain finally gone before I turned around and hope I could summon Almos yet I failed.

'I hope you are safe, Almos. Please, be safe.' I prayed deeply.

*** ***

Monday

"Anne, are you alright?"

My mom asked me and I know she can sense that there is something wrong with me.

"I don't feel well, Mom." I honestly answered.

"What?!" she quickly went to my side and touch my forehead. "You're hot." She said. "You should not go to school today. I'll call your advisor to excuse you."

"Okay, Mom."

"Alright, go back to your room now and rest. I'll bring you some porridge so that you can take your medicine after I done talking to your advisor."