Sinners

Thirty-Six:

'In my dream world, there are lot of things and places that I couldn't understand. There are happy moments, peace and quiet though between those dreams horrors won't go away it always there waiting to consume everything around until lightness be gone.'

'Though there is one question I ask to myself. What's behind the darkness? What's hidden deep within the dark? Is there no hidden light in the corner of darkness? It was like, when you die, you'll see a total darkness and afterwards, what's behind on it? How mysterious is darkness really? As mysterious as it is, I love to explore just how mysterious the darkness can be. Even though I know how dangerous my wish is, I still want to know all the mysteries that surround the darkness.'

*** ***

Dream World

In silence I debate to myself before I decide.

"I want to see it and that's only time I'll decide to what I shall do." I answered and this is my decision after I debated to myself.

Lady fairy takes a deep breath before she answered. "As what I thought of you that you'll do," and she smiled at me.

"You mean, you guessed my decision?"

"I didn't just guess but that's how I really knew you before."

"Ha?! Do you know me?"

She smiled. "You'll figure it out soon, right now. You have to follow my instructions so that those guards won't notice us, okay?"

I'm not so sure why I feel I can fully trust her but whatever it is I'll do as she says. "Alright, lead the way."

...

As we silently roam the inside of the building. I slowly begin to see it clearly there are lots of souls all over the building. And after seeing it, I can no longer say those souls were simply trap in here.

"They were never trapped in this place." I concluded.

"Finally, you also discover the truth."

I stare back at her. "So, what are they doing here if this isn't a place for trap souls?"

"As I told you earlier, these are sinful souls. And their sins are entirely unforgivable."

'Then this is not the purgatory, where souls can atone for their sins and have a chance to be forgiven before they can finally pass through to heaven.'

"You're right, this is not the purgatory."

I wasn't even surprised when she heard what I just said in my head. "Then, what is this place?"

"A limbo." She answered.

"A place between heaven and hell," I said and as I look around I also see children some running room to room that surprised me. "There's a child in here?"

"Don't be deceived, they might be a child but it was just their souls that stay young in this realm." She said that I couldn't understand. "They are souls born on Earth who have had evil from childhood and only sharpened it as they grew up. To make it easier for you to understand, they are the psychopath."

"Really?! In that case, why did they become children in this place?" I curiously asked since that it was hard for me to understand why they stayed so young and looks so active.

"Darkness." She answered. "The darker their souls, the more chance for the darkness to consume them making them young, until they can no longer progress and they'll begin to eradicate. Not even their spirits will get a chance to be reincarnated. Everything in here will be eternally forgotten and erase."

"And yet, the sins they committed on Earth will remain alive causing them to become immortal in all generations because of the heinous and hideous things they have done in society. A fact that we will never be able to avoid no matter how much time passes." I sadly answered and it was the truth. Whatever bad work has been done on Earth, the one that has more life than the memory of the victims of violence because everyone is more focused on discovering the truth of what was the reason of a killer for what he or she did.

"You're right." she agreed. "Alright, now that you've learned and saw everything in here, we need to go and escape this place as soon as possible. Because the longer we stay here, the longer we get in danger."

"Right, let's go." I agreed because knowing that this whole place is a limbo, a person like me can no longer stay in this realm but because of my powers, I'm protected by it.

"Wait!" she suddenly stops and I can sense that there is something wrong.

"What is going on?" I asked in whispered and quickly stick to her.

"The guards, they sense us." Fear suddenly blooms inside me. "No." she quickly holds my hand. "Don't be afraid because that will be their way to get you forever. And Elbrus will never forgive me if something bad happens to you."

"Who's Elbrus?"

She smiled before she answered. "Just ask of him later and I'll tell you who he is after we get out of here."

'Elbrus? Who is he? I wanted to know who that Elbrus was that's why we need to get out of here!' "But how?" I asked almost a whispered.

She tilted her head at the right and just signs her hand to follow in silence. Without a word I follow the lady fairy and I walk in silence. Although my heart couldn't stop beating fast, I try my best not to make any sound as much as possible.

...

I feel like we're in a movie because every time we move out of the building, there's the necessary speed but too much caution and almost no sound as we walk and hide just to avoid the creatures that are watching inside the building. And in every action we take, I can't help but look around me and I can't help but pity the souls there. I know it's hard to be here yet this is the punishment they do deserve.

*** ***