Arrogant

Twenty-Six:

Junior and Senior High School

"Anne!" suddenly someone called out on me and grab my wrist that surprises me because the pain quickly absorbs me.

"Ouch!" I flinched as soon as I felt the hands of that person hold on to me.

"Hey! Are you hurt?" he worriedly asked me.

"Chadd!" It was anticipated seeing him first thing in the morning of Monday. I couldn't forget the memory when I met him into my dream.

"Jeanne, are you alright?"

I can see from his expression that he's genuinely concern though it was hard to forget his reaction through my dream. The reason I have to stay away from him for a while even if it will question my action towards him.

"I'm sorry but---" I step back when he was about to approach me and I saw from his reaction that he was surprise from what I did. "I'm sorry! I really am!" I quickly said before leaving him behind.

...

"Are you and Chadd had a fight?" Claire asked when she finally noticed that I'm avoiding Chadd this whole day.

"No."

"Then, why you deliberately avoiding him?" She curiously asked.

How can I explain myself without confusing her? 'Nah! I can't! Who will believe that I'm afraid of Chadd just because of that unexpected and unexplained dream? She'll only be confused anyway so, I rather let it keep to myself.'

"It's just." I answered and shrugged.

"It's something suspicious. I think something happened between you two that you can't talk about."

"Exactly. That is why you don't have to pry anymore okay?"

"Oh, come on! I get more curious about it. So, tell me! What is it?" she eagerly asked but still I'll stand to my decision.

"No. There's nothing to be curious so stop it or I'll also avoid you."

"Huh! I hate you!"

"Hate me all you want but I won't tell anything to you." 'Besides, you would not believe me if I tell you about it.' I silently added to myself.

...

Our classes finally over and as I planned earlier, I will avoid Chadd for this whole day and tomorrow I'll think of a way to talk to him without telling him about that dream. Right now, I just need some time away from him until this fear will finally vanish.

Almosजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें