Souls

Thirty-Five:

Dream World

I don't know how long I was here inside a building. I'm at the third floor and I'm hiding while trying my best to find an escape. A safe path that I can pass through just to escape out of this building unnoticed.

To describe the place I'm in, the building has lots of floor that I cannot count. With lots of rooms that I don't know if I can enter. The windows are made of glass and if you look out you can only see darkness. A total darkness even though I'm just on the third floor, while on the ground, I can see blank space with a center fountain on it.

I don't know but the center is too open that you can escape so freely yet I can't. I can sense that there's something that guards around the whole building, from the outside and inside of it. I can't explain it, however the air that surrounds the whole building was too chilling my bones is aching because of its freezing cold breeze. It also makes me hard to breathe the reason why I try my best not to exert too much force so that I can breathe calmly and relax.

I continue to survey the whole place in silence when suddenly I see something coming from the ground and as I wait, I saw those creatures once again. Those dark hoods creature came floating in the air surrounds the ground and because of the surprised I that I felt, I couldn't move. I just freeze because of my sudden fear and even though those creatures were about to look up, suddenly someone pulled me out of the view.

...

"Hey! Are you alright?"

A small lady asked me and looking at her, she looks like a fairy. No, she is a fairy with wings of a butterfly from her back that makes her fly.

Who is she? I don't know and I don't have any idea. Yet, this is just a dream and everything is possible.

"I-I'm fine." I answered as I try to catch my breath.

"Hey! Relax, or you won't be able to breath if you continue doing that."

"O-okay..." I try my best to calm myself.

"Good! Now, let's get out of here."

I look at her. "Am I not going to wake up?" I surprisingly asked because that's what Ilmatar, Almos and Asim always told me when I'm facing such dangers.

"No, this isn't simple. You can't just escape here by waking up. You have to escape here by walking out of this building and I know you already figure it out, right?"

She was right I already knew it as soon as I came here. "But I didn't expect those dark creatures to be here."

"You can sense them and besides this is their territory. You can't just take them out of here because they own this place. Even the souls that were trap in here."

"Souls?"

"That's the thing you didn't notice. Try to look around and you'll learn it wasn't just you that was here. There are lots of souls in here and you can never imagine how long they've been here."

What she said get me curious the reason I look around but to no avail, I didn't see any single souls.

"I can't. I didn't see any souls."

"Focus and try to calm yourself as you close your eyes and slowly open it and look carefully." She said that I followed and before I knew it, slowly the souls that she was talking about finally coming into light.

"Oh, God!" I suddenly speak out. Because as I slowly looks around, I finally see those souls that was trap or rather they're imprison in this hell place. "Why are they here?"

"Because that was their destiny," she answered. "And we cannot help them even if we want to."

"Why is that?"

"Because those souls are committed a sin and it isn't a simple sin. That is why Angels couldn't help them to get out of here."

"Do they have no hope of being forgiven by God?"

"They have however Demons already caught them and they've been infected by the darkness making them to lose their light. They became shadows that lurks around this building and soon, they'll be forever be gone not getting a chance to reincarnate like the other souls that saw the light of God."

Sadness quickly embraces me and I couldn't help not to cry. "Why is this cruel thing happens to them?"

"To make a balance." She answered. "And I know it's hard for you to understand it but this is how the good and evil balance everything in the humankind." She seriously stated.

...

"How can I pass through to those guards unnoticed and safe?" I asked afterwards.

She smiled. "You just need to follow my instruction only that you may able to escape this place without any problem."

I take a very deep breath before I answered. "Okay! Let's go."

"Okay, let's go."

...

In silence, I follow all her instruction yet I couldn't help not to hear all the cries of those souls that wanted to be safe. I can't help but to feel sorry and guilty because I couldn't do anything. I don't have the power to help them and all I can do is pray in silence as we passed through at the corridors.

My heart aches as we continue to go on and the one thing that made me to fully stop was the sound of a child crying out for help so desperately.

"No!" the fairy stops me when I was about to go to that child.

"I have to--"

"No! It's just a trap so please just listen to me, Jeanne. We're already near at the entrance and reaching it will give you lots of bait just to make sure no one can escape this place. So please I'm begging you believe me."

In silence I debate to myself before I decide.

*** ***