49. dates

Fan art by @DustyBlob on Twitter go support them❤️❤️

♡♛George's POV♛♡

it's been a few days since Dream and I came out to our fans, Twitter wasn't too different besides some haters thinking this was just a money grab. Other than that, the comments and fan arts have stayed the same except for a few freaking out about how they were "right the whole time" and stuff like that. It was funny to go through my timeline and only see things about dnf.

"George, wanna go out for dinner tonight?" Dream asked, I smiled.

"Sure,"

"prepare yourself because people will probably be swarming us..." I laughed,

"yeah but I'm sure we can go somewhere quiet."

We head out after saying bye to the dog, our usual goodbye 'we'll be back amber.' The familiarity of everything is comforting, the date nights and all that. Tonight's going to be annoyingly different but regardless of anyone the night with will be nice.

"Okay George," dream started "I think that we should get a cat." I rolled my eyes,

"Dream goodness you're lucky I love you,"

"Very, but I need that cat." I laughed,

"So we have the space or time? Money isn't a problem but I mean we also need to be able to afford it, we aren't RICH."

"okay but George," dream dragged out my name.

"Dream," i did the same effect with his name and laughed "I love cats and I'm not saying no but right now.."

"So you're saying, if there was a random cat that showed up you wouldn't take it in."

I rolled my eyes as we continued the light hearted conversation and smiled. Finally reaching the restaurant to get some food, we also needed to look over adoption papers since we need to sign them before the wedding.

"I'm so excited to take ranboo in, he's going to be so excited." Dream said, I nodded hesitantly.

"But what if he isn't?" Dream smiled softly,

"I promise he'll love it."

"you're right, I can't be overthinking this." I said,

Dream kissed me on the cheek and stood up to go to the bathroom while I looked over the paper, surprised any of this has happened in the first place. The opportunity to be able to take an entire kid in is incredible to me, I mean holy shit.

Will I be a good dad? What if I'm not good enough for Ranboo? A million thoughts related spiraled through my head, I just wanted to be the best I could but what if that isn't enough.

"George?" Dream said softly seeing me slumped on the table.

"Dream what if I'm not good enough for ranboo?"

"Aw Georgie," dream took my hand as he sat down, "the fact that you care is enough proof that you're gonna be great."

I frowned, I really wanted to be there for ran. I want to be the one he wants to go to all the time about things that happen in his life, but what if Ranboo won't want to talk to me?

"what will I do if..." I trailed off, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"No what ifs George," dream squeezed my hand "just focus on the now okay? we're adopting Ranboo and he loves you, I promise gogs." I took a deep breath,

"okay you're right, you're right, it's all okay." Dream nodded and smiled comfortingly, I returned his gesture.

A little while later we exited the restaurant, we agreed to turn the papers in tomorrow so we could get accepted and get the official documents.