41. Breakfeast

fan art by @luminiciant on Twitter!! Go follow them <3 I could stare at their art all day❤️❤️

♥︎☯︎Dream's POV☯︎♥︎

Since I found his journal entry, George and I have really been working on his mental health the past year and a half. He's gotten better, and so have I. I've made sure to stay with him during and after meals, I also monitored his time in the bathroom. Yes, some people are in the bathroom for a while but I made sure, especially after arguments, that he wasn't going into the bathroom just to self harm.

I smiled at the progress he's made, I'm really proud of him. I sat on our bed staring at the ring I had in my hands, his engagement ring. Ever since me and George moved in to the town home when he turned 19, I knew he was the one. We've been best friends for three years, dating for one. We have helped each other through many difficult times and I'm ready to call him my husband.

We are 20 now, it's getting close to the time we are able to adopt Ranboo. George and I have been making money from twitch and his small job at his café, George swears he's never going to leave there. I believe him.

Karl and Sapnap are getting married soon, we have set up a whole plan. Yes the whole day is about them because they're adorable together, but also at the very end of the night is the time where it's about George and I. I will be proposing, Karl has helped me set everything up and I'm really excited.

ding dong

"Can you get it bub? I'm making breakfast," George yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes I can gogs!"

I frantically shove the ring back into its case and put it in its hiding place, my locked desk drawer. Of course it only contained the ring box for now, but it's nice that I have it available.

"Hey dream!" Phil said when I opened the door, I looked down and saw the boys as well as Kristen.

"Hi! Over for breakfast?" They all nodded,

"well come on in,"

The boys rushed in, heading to the game room me and George had created. Mostly for the boys anyway because we knew Ranboo was going to live here too.

"Hey Phil! How is the morning going?" George asked also cooking breakfast,

"Pretty good mate, the boys weren't a bother at all seeing as it is the first week of summer so I'm sure they're excited." Phil said letting out a deep sigh,

"I'll be right back I need to go to the bathroom" I made a lame excuse to George and signaled Phil to follow.

"Yeah I should check on the kids real fast, make sure no one's loosing fingers." Phil laughed and ran off with me.

We made it to the bedroom, I went straight to the drawer in my desk. I knew Phil was confused, he just had to wait a second.

"What's going on?"

"So you know how our friends are getting married next weekend?" I asked, phil nodded hesitantly.

"I'm proposing," I said opening the box in my hand.

Phil gasped at the ring, I smiled proudly. Knowing that I was going to forever make George mine, it made me feel more complete.

"I'm so happy for you! How are you planning on doing it?"

"I'm doing it at the reception of sapnap's wedding, they're excited."

"I'm excited! I'm invited to you and George's wedding right?" Phil asked, I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you even ask, of course you are." We both chuckled and I went back downstairs, Phil actually did check on the boys.

"Welcome back," George said still working on breakfast.

I walked over to him and hugged him from behind, I felt him freeze then accept the affection and lean into it.

"Good to be back," I said smiling.

I set my chin on George's head, a few moments later he had to move to get plates. I rolled my eyes and let go, I didn't want to delay breakfast anymore since I was starving.

"Boys! Come down for breakfast!" Kristen yelled, Phil had just come out of the bathroom and looked ready to eat.

"This is my favorite part of the morning," Tommy said running over to the table.

"Food? Really? That's the best part?" Tubbo asked, he looked disappointed but he was laughing.

"Yes! Food! It's good!" Tubbo rolled his eyes and started eating,

Ranboo seemed out of it, he looked upset. Yes he's quiet but he's always tuning into conversations, he's not paying attention at all and he's only eaten a few bites of food. I knew I couldn't leave George at the table alone with everyone, but I needed to talk to Ranboo.

I tapped George on the shoulder to get his attention he looked at me, he tilted his head letting me know he was listening. I almost died because of how cute he was but I needed to focus, Ranboo I needed to help him.

"Come with me to help Ranboo please," I whispered in George's ear.

George agreed, so we stood up and asked Ranboo to follow us. Phil looked at us weirdly, I could tell he hoped we weren't telling him about adopting him. I shook my head at him reassuring him.

We walked into the game room, I looked at Ranboo's sad eyes and nearly started bawling. Seeing him so sad is just as bad as seeing George so upset, they're both my whole world.

"what's wrong Ranboo?" I asked, George sat right beside me.

"I had a nightmare last night," I frowned.

"About what?" George asked,

"It was about Arthur," my eyes widened.

"You don't have to say anything if you don't want to,"  I said.

"No I want to tell you guys, you're the only ones who listen."

Ranboo told us about his nightmare, his nightmare about his crush. I felt bad he was having a homophobic nightmare at the age of 8 but it's the world we live in sometimes, and I'm scared the homophobia will rub off on Arthur some day. I know he's a good kid but parents usually convince their kids of many things.

"I'm sorry Ran, that's a horrible nightmare." Me and George hugged Ranboo,

"I'm also upset about the fact that my parents are still out there, and I haven't been legally separated from them." I frowned,

"Don't worry I'm sure it'll happen soon," I said. this made me really want my birthday to come quickly.

"Ranboo I promise you don't have to worry." George said smiling, Ran nodded.

We took a few deep breaths with him to calm him down then we headed back downstairs, I looked at Tubbo and Tommy in the living room. They saw Ranboo and immediately charged at him, it's only been six or seven minutes. I laughed.

"Where were you doofus, me and Tommy were so bored." Tubbo said.

"Yeah yeah I know, I'm just the best."

"Shut up Ranboo." Tommy said rolling his eyes but then he chuckled.

They stayed over for a little longer, I talked to Kristen and Phil about the next few months. Planning to adopt Ranboo in January since me and George with both be 21, as well as be married by then.

This morning was great and so was the food, definitely a good way to start the day.

1240 words
A/N
The end is near😔 ITS OKAY DONT BE SAD THERES STILL MORE CHAPTERS. I LOVE YOU GUYS.