35. Distractions

Fan art by @Arsh_Lesley on Twitter!!! Check out their amazing art!!🤍

♥︎☯︎Dream's POV☯︎♥︎

I'm worried about George, the longer I sit in this café the more I'm realizing how off he's been the last few days. He is starting to eat less again so I'm going to monitor that much more but his happiness just seems so depleted. He's really only happy with me, with our friends his smile is so artificial.

"Dream?" George said in front of me,

"Oh, shoot sorry how long have you been standing there?"

"only a minute, but your attention has been hard to grab. Are you okay?"

"George, are you?" I asked,

"I mean I'm fine," he said looking at the door.

"Stop lying George, what's wrong?" I asked looking him in the eyes.

"I just feel like maybe everything would be better without me, like maybe I just make everyone feel horrible."

My frown grew and I felt tears gather in my eyes, why did he think that?

"oh George," I said sadly standing up and hugging him, "I couldn't survive without you, you're my best friend and boyfriend."

"yes, I know that I'm talking about all our friends."

"George. Everyone loves you and I promise that no one could stand the thought of you being gone." I said forcefully but not too mean so that he wouldn't get upset.

George just looked down, I felt bad for him I really did. I needed some way to convince him that everyone he loves, loves him just as much.

"Can we go please; I want to sleep."

"of course, gogs," I said calmly, guiding him out.

I called Eret to try to set some plans to hang out hoping that would distract George enough to get him feeling better. I know how much Eret has done for him.

"Hey gogs want to go get ice cream with Eret?"

"um sure why not," I smiled.

"Cool, five minutes?" George nodded and I left to start the car.

Five minutes later George and I are on the way to Eret, I'm hoping this cheers him up and I can focus on creating a plan to help george realize that all his friends have his back, that he isn't alone. Eret better have a way of distracting george in this outlet mall.

"George! Dream! over here!" I heard Eret call over to us,

"hi!" george exclaimed from next to me, I smiled.

"oh my gosh, I've missed you guys! george I have so many stores for you to see, you to Dream."

I smiled as I watched Eret and George walk in front of my looking at stores, deciding which ones are going to earn their time. I take out my phone and start looking for inspiration on Pinterest, I really have no idea what I'm doing.

♡♛George's POV♛♡

I never considered myself the shopping type but I'm having a good time with Eret walking around and buying clothes, I decided maybe switching my style up might be good for me. Confidence was hard to gain, clothes make or break it for me. The only bad part was the heavy bags, clothes weight sure added up in this bag.

"oh my gosh this is my favorite store," Eret said dragging me in.

I laughed as we walked through the store, Eret pointing out things he has or wants from the store. I keep following his finger while looking myself a little as well, I spotted a cat outside the window of the shop. The cat was hanging around in a bush, it looked very skinny its gray fur made it easier to realize that it sure wasn't owned as it was covered in a lot of debris and thorns.

"Eret..."

"what is it george?" Eret asked smiling,

"cat" I walked out towards the cat.

I rushed, I couldn't risk the cat leaving before I could get a good look at it. Eret came up from behind me cautiously, I heard his small gasp before looking around trying to land his eyes on my boyfriend, Dream. I walked closer to the cat slowly, making sure not to startle it.

"what is it Eret?" I heard Dream's faint voice behind me,

I tuned the two out and kept getting closer to the cat, it started to sniff my hand.

"george?" Dream whispered behind me,

I looked at Dream, still petting the cat, and smiled. Dream smiled too and sat beside me starting to pet the cat too, avoiding the thorns on its fur.

"can we keep it?" I asked Dream,

"that's a question for your mom george it's her house."

I nodded and took out my phone to text my mom, we all decided to take the cat to the vet even if my mom says no so it can have a family in the future. while I waited for an answer from my busy mom Eret was loving the cat, I laughed as the cat continued to become more playful and finally warming up to humans being present.

"hey george, we're at the vet."

"oh okay cool let's get this cat a checkup," I said slightly skipping into the vet's office.

"someone's excited," Eret laughed.

"yeah his mom loves animals, there's no doubt she'll say yes."

Dream and Eret continued their conversation, I studied the small gray cat in my lap. he's so skinny. I looked at the mirror in front of me showing my figure with the cat in my arms, I frowned. I flashed another look at the cat in my arms then looked at my body in the mirror, being drowned by Dream's hoodie. I could look like this... like this cat who's been FORCED to starve. Then I realize it.

"holy shit you poor cat," I whispered.

I looked down at the cat sadly, I suddenly don't like the idea of starving myself, it doesn't seem very...good. I've been so worried about my weight that I starved myself, even though I'm lucky to have food in the first places. I feel so guilty. I felt wet tears hit my face, I reach my hand up. what the hell? I laugh as the cat stood up and tried to lick the salty tears off my face, this cat gets it.

"George Davidson?" a veterinarian called from an open door,

Dream and I walked with the vet to a room, she took the cat to run multiple tests. while we hoped the cat was alright, the only thing on my mind was my mom's answer. I really liked this cat, I didn't want to lose it to some other family, it would hurt even if the cat got a good family. I wanted to take care of this cat, and I wanted it to take care of me. Hopefully this cat became a distraction from all the problems I experience, that would be nice.

1 new notification from 'mom<3'

"Dream," I said standing from my seat excited to read the text.

"what does it say gog?" Dream asked, now almost off the chair.

"'I'm not the one potty training it, I will love it like a mother though.' Dream! she said yes!" I exclaimed,

"what do you want to name it?"

"hm well, I think I'll name it..." I thought long and hard about it's name, "oh I know."

Dream looked at me intrigued by my end of thought, I laughed at his annoyed look that his face wore because I hadn't told him the name yet.

"what?" Dream asked impatiently, I laughed.

"Luca,"

1194 words
A/N
I'm so sorry for taking so long to get a chapter out for you guys. Writer's block is a bitch and mental health gets in the way a lot. Despite enjoying this story, I can't always find the right sentences to put into a story. I hope to start writing more as the days go on because I really enjoy it and can't wait for this story to continue. I appreciate everyone who reads this story because it gives me so much reassurance and confidence in my writing, and those were things I struggled with when I started writing stories on this app. I can't thank you all enough for this opportunity to write stories for you, I'm so glad that I am able to continue. Have an amazing day/night, you all deserve it. I love you all.

-the one and only,
Hugo👑👑