Now, if the Royal Family were to invest money into a tourist site, it would not be a problem that the tourist side belonged to the Crown. But they are talking about a Naval Base.

If the Royal Family were to invest money into the Naval Base, which they would gladly do, the ownership of the Naval Base would then go to the Royal Family.

That would increase the influence of the Crown in the Ubarr Territory.

That was precisely what Amiru wanted to prevent. And there was only one method she had thought about that might prevent that.

Borrowing money from someone with a lot of money.

Or, even better, borrowing money from two people with a lot of money.

Amiru smiled. At the Crown Prince's wine party, she learned that the Crown Prince was interested in the shoreline, but not interested in tourism.  Later, when she arrived at her Residence, she realised the intentions of Cale's words.

"His Highness, the Crown Prince, was wary of the Whipper Kingdom and the Kingdoms to the North. I could tell based on our conversation with him, so I sought out some information from the Information Guild."

So, I was right then, Adara thought. The Crown Prince and the Royal Family were aware of the fact that a civil war would soon appear in the Whipper Kingdom. It seemed they were also aware of the North that was gathering their forces.

But Adara had underestimated Amiru's willingness.

Amiru's Family was not doing the best at the moment, relying mainly on Eric Wheelsman's Family for help. As she said earlier as well, they were average in wealth. It costs a lot of money to get information on Foreign Kingdoms through the Information Guild, but she was willing to spend that money to verify the piece of information she had heard.

Amiru continued speaking. "I also heard the Henituse Territory is currently fortifying its walls and the Thornwin's plan to do so as well. I believe both the Henituse Family and the Thornwin Family would be interested in the Naval Base since you both have territories that do not allow any kind of invasion."

Adara nodded, she hadn't heard about plans to fortify the walls, but she acted as if she had. "I already said I would discuss it, I am sure even he will see the benefits in it. I will talk with him as fast as possible, Unnie, to give you an answer as fast as possible."

Cale also nodded. "I will speak to my Father about it."

Amiru had flinched at the undertones in Adara's response. It reminded her of the curt letter she had received from Adara when she had asked about her Family. But she was glad that they were willing to discuss it with their respective Fathers. "We will also send an official request as well."

Adara smiled at Amiru. And not her usual smile. This smile had meaning to it.

If the Naval Base were to be made, the balance of power in the North-East would shift to Cale, Adara, Eric, Amiru, and Gilbert's Families. Also, if both the Henituse and Thornwin Families were to provide the funds, they would have a steady influence in the Base as well as receive multiple facets of support from the Base.

Adara supposed it was a good thing she had been hinting at the Naval Base even before she knew the War would come. But... now that she was thinking about it... she could not remember what had given her the idea. Why had she thought a Naval Base would be important in times of peace? She could not remember.

Amiru was hesitating but decided to speak. "I am a bit worried because of the whirlpools, but there are paths that have been used for ages, and the whirlpools will actually serve as a defence to prevent foreign nations from invading. That is why I want to give it a go."