Violet stood there, listening, her annoyance apparent.

"Exactly. Matt and I didn't have much growing up, and when we moved to LA," Dad began before Violet cut him off.

"That won't be a problem. I have a boyfriend, and I'm dating Tanner Buchanan. He has a house and a few cars," Violet declared proudly, causing both my parents to wear concerned expressions.

"Violet... you're only 17! Do you even hear yourself?" Mom snapped, letting out a sigh.

"Yes, I do! You and Dad have a significant age difference too!" Violet retorted, irritation in her tone.

"No, no, no. You have the worst ideas, and you won't be seeing him. You're grounded, no car privileges, and no prom," Dad interjected firmly.

I overheard their argument as I stepped out of my room. I couldn't believe Violet had a boyfriend. She had managed to keep it a secret, often claiming she was at a friend's house. Plus, Mom and Dad tracked our locations, so it made sense why she was so opposed to the idea of moving.I returned to my room and decided to take a nap.

An hour later, my parents came into my room.

"Sera, honey..." Mom's voice was soft as she lay beside me, rubbing my back.

"Hmm?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Wake up, honey," she urged, moving my hair away from my face and pulling me into her arms. I slowly woke up and snuggled into her.

"Mom, what is it?" I asked, still half-asleep.

"Your father and I are taking you out to dinner, just you. We're going to have a Seraphina day today," Mom said, her smile warm.

"Oh, okay... Are you sure? I don't want to upset Cy, Max, or Sam," I said, concerned.

"Yes, honey. We used to take you guys out one by one, back in the day. We've just been so occupied with the babies lately, and it's been exhausting. But we want you to know that we love all of you equally. Today, we're celebrating you because of your remarkable achievement. We're so incredibly proud of you, baby girl. Beyond proud," Mom beamed.

"Thank you, Mom. That means a lot. I just need to get ready," I said, gently pulling away and hugging Dad. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom, closing the door behind me to get ready.

When I emerged from the bathroom, my mom looked at me.

"Isn't that my flannel?" she asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Maybe," I giggled. Mom shook her head and selected some jewelry from my boxes, adorning me with a charming gold chain featuring a red thorned heart pendant and matching black and gold earrings.

"So... 90s aesthetic," Dad chuckled, watching Mom put the jewelry on me.

"Very," Mom agreed with a soft giggle. Once I was ready, we left for the restaurant. Mom said goodbye to my siblings, and the nanny took them out to eat. We piled into Dad's Rivian, a departure from the usual Escalade we rode in. I sat in the back, while Mom occupied the front seat beside Dad.

"What do you want to listen to, kiddo?" Dad asked.

"Hmm... One Republic, 'Stop And Stare,'" I said, leaning back in my seat.

Mom put on the song, and Dad held her hand as he drove us to the restaurant. I gazed out of the window, appreciating the moment, the scenery, and the rare quality time with my parents. Having siblings often meant needing moments alone with your parents, especially when they were as busy as mine. Mom glanced back at me and smiled. I felt someone's eyes on me and met Violet's gaze, offering a soft smile.

"I love you, love bug," Mom whispered softly.

"I love you too, Momma," I replied, my smile wide. I set my phone down beside me.

Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle" started playing. Dad, Mom, and I began to sing along. I giggled and continued singing, taking a video on Snapchat to capture the moment, then saved the clip. I enjoyed recording these memories, especially when I felt down; they lifted my spirits.I set my phone down again and reveled in the moment, stealing glances at my parents with a smile.

After 45 minutes, we finally arrived at my favorite restaurant. I looked up to see that we were at the same place. I smiled and got out of the car once Dad parked it.

Mom reached for my hand, and I took hers. Dad held my other hand, and we walked down the street to the restaurant.Inside, the restaurant was as busy as ever, but the owner recognized my parents, so they led us to a private spot on the rooftop bar with a magnificent view of LA. I marveled at the scenery.

"So... what are you ordering?" Dad asked.

"The usual," I replied with a smile.

"I think I'll have my usual as well. How about some nachos to share?" Mom suggested.

"Yeah," I agreed, smiling.

"Great, let's get that," Dad said, smiling too. He had his arm around Mom's chair, playing with her hair while she perused the menu.

"I was wondering, are you and Mom going to be in any movies soon?" I asked.

"Yes, soon. Why do you ask?" Mom responded.

"I was just curious because I'd like to join you on set when possible, or maybe attend your meetings. I want to learn more about your job, especially since Dad was too busy with his work as a producer and actor to take us with him," I explained.

"Of course, baby. I'll keep you informed," Mom promised.

"So, you really are interested in acting?" Dad asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I've watched you and Mom act, but I became even more passionate about it after watching Mom in her movie, 'The Mother.' I want to do action movies like that. It's so...excuse my language, badass," I grinned.

"Aww, I love that you've found something you're passionate about," Mom said.

"Now, Dad, before you say anything, I promise I'll complete my education before enrolling in acting school. It's a commitment to myself and to you, Mom, Nana, and Grandma Lupe. I won't waver on that," I assured them.

"Okay, that's good. I'm proud of you for setting goals and knowing what you want," Dad smiled.

"Well, yeah. I have an amazing role model," I told Mom, and Dad smiled softly.

"Aww, honey, you're going to make me cry," Mom said softly, hugging me. I hugged her back and smiled.

"I love you to the moon and back, Mama," I whispered as she pulled away.

"I love you to the moon and back as well, my little coco," she smiled, returning to her seat beside Dad.

The conversation went much better than I'd anticipated. I had been worried that Mom might object to my idea and lecture me about the downsides of the industry. She's always kind, but sometimes I hesitate to ask her about things because she and Dad seem so busy. I don't want to feel like I'm bothering them. I always felt that way with my biological mother; she never let us do anything too bold or daring because she was afraid of losing us. To this day, I'm not sure why she was so overprotective, but I'm grateful to have a mom like Jenn who encourages us to explore and pursue our passions.

To be continued...