☆ 6.21 ~ i get to love you

and they say love is a journey
i promise that i'll never leave
when it's too heavy to carry
remember this moment with me
~ ruelle, i get to love you

question of the chapter: do you think freya would like lydia?

When Lydia finally awoke the next morning, she expected to be wrapped in Kol's arms, laying next to him peacefully and embraced by feelings of love and warmth. At the very least, she expected to be in the same bed as him. Or even just the same room. Or apartment. Instead, Lydia was greater by an unfamiliar sight. She didn't recognize the room that she was in. It was smaller than her bedroom, a window was in front of her, overlooking what looked like a garden of different flowers. To the right, she saw a floor length mirror in the corner and a vanity next to it filled with different makeup and hair products.

She quickly jumped up from the couch, looking around the room to see her friends standing to her left, taking her by surprise. She was relieved she wasn't in danger, but still worried about what was going on. They were all dressed in short silk robes, but their hair and makeup were done as if they were going to a-

"What's going on?" Lydia asked them cautiously. She still wasn't sure if she was fully awake or dreaming somehow."Where are we? Where's Kol?"

"With his brothers," Elena answered quickly, though that didn't tell her much,

"And where are we?" Lydia asked again, raising her eyebrows. She had a feeling she already knew what was going on, but part of her still felt like she was dreaming.

"Your wedding!" Caroline exclaimed happily, clapping her hands together.

"My wedding?" Lydia repeated. She remembered Kol asking her about getting married today. But she thought he just wanted to go to a courthouse and get married. She didn't know what this was. As far as she knew, absolutely no one but her and Kol were in their room last night when they spoke. They weren't set to marry for another two weeks, so unless Lydia had been asleep that long, she didn't see how it could be their wedding day.

"We've gotten everything replicated that you and Kol picked out," Caroline clarified."Well, Kol did. The food, the guests, the dress, drinks, music, everything's here.

"Kol set it all up when we were all out," Rae explained."He thought it would be a nice surprise. When he was out with you last night, we were helping to set it all up. I don't really know why he couldn't wait like two weeks, but it's cute, and knowing our lives, something bad is bound to happen by then. Our lives have been too peaceful recently."

Lydia blinked a few times as she listened to what they were saying, touched that they had gone through all the trouble of moving everything. She could feel tears rise in her eyes as she smiled softly at her friends.

"Okay, if you're gonna cry, you need to do it now because once that makeup goes on-" Caroline trailed off, laughing at the end as Lydia moved forward to hug her friend.

"Thank you," Lydia said to her, to all of them, hugging her tightly. She knew that her friends didn't always support her being with Kol. It was nice to realize how far they had all come. They were passionate about helping her and her relationship with Kol, which certainly wasn't where they were all at a few years before.

"Of course," Caroline responded, pulling away and placing her hands on Lydia's shoulders, squeezing them reassuringly."Now, let's get you ready for your big day."

Lydia closed her eyes as she felt Caroline brush through her hair, dividing it into pieces and clipping some of it up so that she could curl her hair. Caroline insisted on doing it, and Lydia agreed. There was no one she'd trust more to make sure that she looked beautiful on her wedding day. A makeup artist had already done Lydia's makeup, since none of them were comfortable taking a risk on that, but Caroline had been doing Lydia's hair since she first had any.