☆ 5.38 ~ the way

be your lover, your friend, you'll find it all in me
stay by your side, i'll never leave you
said i ain't going nowhere 'cause you're a keeper
~ ariana grande featuring mac miller, the way

be your lover, your friend, you'll find it all in mestay by your side, i'll never leave yousaid i ain't going nowhere 'cause you're a keeper~ ariana grande featuring mac miller, the way

20 comments until the next chapter.
question of the post: is there a character from either show that hasn't been in this fanfic that you'd like to see?

"Lydia, can I speak with you for a moment?"

Lydia glanced towards the front of the classroom after she stood up from her chair. She was hoping to just slip out of the class, like every single student was doing except for her and Bonnie who lingered behind. She didn't know what Dr. Maxfield wanted with her now. She hadn't had a problem with him in weeks, but she still did her best to avoid him.

It had been a while since she last spoke to him directly. Not since before her fall break. That was weeks ago. Weeks since someone broke into her home too, but things had been quiet so far. Nothing had come of it. Lydia didn't know if that made things worse or better. It also meant that it had been weeks since she last saw Kol. He sent her messages every day, and they called as often as they could. It wasn't too difficult. Lydia was kept busy working on a few different things. But he was supposed to be visiting this weekend. Not long, just for one day, but Lydia wanted to see him no matter how long it was for.

"Uh, guess so," Lydia answered with a small sigh before turning to Bonnie."I'll meet you at lunch."

"I'll meet you outside," Bonnie corrected, sending Lydia a small smile which she returned before she headed towards the front of the classroom. She watched Maxfield grab something from his desk, a set of a few papers which he held out to Lydia. She accepted it, noticing that it was just the midterm she had taken a little while ago.

"You did a really good job on your midterm," He said to her, which Lydia could see from her grade. She was surprised that she did so well, she wasn't really a fan of biology, but she did study hard.

"Uh, yeah, thanks," Lydia answered, not sure how to respond, or why he had to pull her aside to tell her that.

"I have an opening," He continued."For a research assistant. I think you'd be a good fit. You have a strong understanding of biology."

Lydia thought his offer was a bit strange. She was sure she wasn't the only one who did well. And even if she did, he was teaching more advanced classes. Why ask a freshman to help with research?

"Um, I'm not really looking for a job," She answered, figuring it was the best way to reject his offer. She didn't want to work with him, she didn't even like him."I kind of already have one. I run a company."

"A fashion company, yes?" He asked, causing Lydia to nod her head."Wouldn't you like the chance to make a meaningful contribution to the world? You have such great talents, why waste them?"