☆ 2.16 ~ brave

to get home now will take something
that i'm not sure if i have left
~ riley pearce, brave

Forty eight hours ago, if someone were to ask Lydia where she would be in two days she would never guess that she would be climbing onto the sandy beach of an island off the shore of Canada with the people who killed her

Forty eight hours ago, if someone were to ask Lydia where she would be in two days she would never guess that she would be climbing onto the sandy beach of an island off the shore of Canada with the people who killed her. Nor did she think she would be searching for the cure for vampirism when she didn't want it and no one she cared for did either. She was only here to make sure no one died and that the cure wasn't used against the Mikaelsons like she knew they originally planned to do.

Lydia watched from the shore as the others began to take their equipment off the boats they had come on. Since none of the stuff was hers, she stood and watched with Rebekah. Lydia only brought one backpack for herself. Filled with nothing but a change of clothes, blood, and some snacks along with her cell phone but she doubted that she would even get service out here. She felt uneasy since the stepped onto the sand. She couldn't quite explain it, but something was making Lydia feel unsafe. Like she was being watched. She couldn't shake it. She knew she was with a group of powerful vampires and witches, she herself was powerful. Yet now, standing on this unknown island for an unknown purpose, her power didn't matter.

"Congratulations. We made it," Professor Shane announced as he stood and took in the sight of the island.

Lydia wasn't quite sure who Shane was or how he was connected to this but she didn't really care. He hadn't spoken to her and as long as it remained that way, Lydia was sure they would get along just fine. She took Kol's advice and only stuck with Stefan and Rebekah, the only two people who didn't annoy her every two seconds. She tried to stay clear of Damon as much as possible and since Damon was always with Elena and Jeremy, she avoided them too.

"You know, you're not really helping," Stefan spoke, looking up at the two women from his seat on a log as he tried to tie some knot. Lydia had no clue what it was for.

"You're perfectly capable of tying a knot," Rebekah was quick to respond, keeping her harsh glare on Elena. Lydia couldn't blame her, but Lydia would rather not give any of her attention to Elena who was passing by. She didn't want to risk starting a conversation.

"You giving Elena the evil eye, it's not really helping," Stefan continued, this time looking up to face Rebekah, squinting due to the bright sun that shined down from the sky.

"She tried to get you to put a dagger in my back, attempted to kill my brother and killed my new sister," Rebekah listed all the horrible things Elena had done to her and her family."She's lucky all she's getting is the evil eye."

"Aww you called me your sister," Lydia beamed happily, leaning against Rebekah a bit and giving her a small hug. Lydia had grown a lot closer to her in the past few weeks. They spent time together daily which included always having breakfast together. But Lydia also knew that Rebekah was bringing it up now because she knew it would piss off Elena to have a Mikaelson refer to Lydia as their sister.