☆ 1.19 ~ lighthouse

follow me when its dark out i will be, i will be your lighthouse and if you're lost, ohhh
i'll lead you back home
~ lighthouse, hearts and colours

follow me when its dark out i will be, i will be your lighthouse and if you're lost, ohhhi'll lead you back home~ lighthouse, hearts and colours

The next morning, Lydia's eyes fluttered open as she awoke laying on a rather comfortable bed. It didn't take her time to figure out where she was. With the expensive decor and furniture, she knew instantly she was in the Mikaelsons' home. She wasn't in the guest room she had stayed in a few nights, instead she was in one that was a bit unfamiliar that she had only been in once. Kol's room was rather bland except for the basic bedroom furniture such as a dresser, nightstand, a desk and of course the bed. Klaus most likely left it blank for Kol to decorate it himself, but he wasn't exactly the home designer type.

"Good morning," Kol's voice rang out through the room as he entered it from the en-suite bathroom, running a towel through his wet hair with just a a pair of dark jeans on, his skin still glistening from the water.

Lydia suddenly remembered the only other time she saw him without a shirt, missing more than just that. It was when Lydia had to jump in the shower with him because Elena had come home. That was probably the most awkward moment in her life but at least now, she could laugh about it.

"Hm, did we fall asleep?" Lydia asked tiredly, not remembering what happened much after they spent the night talking to each other. She sighed and pulled herself from under the covers, sitting against the pillows.

"You did," Kol corrected. She fell asleep while they were talking on the couch and he brought her to his room to get some rest. He planned on sleeping next to her, but then Rebekah and Elijah arrived back home and he decided to go speak with them and continued to do so for the rest of the night, never making it back to bed."You were quite exhausted. I hope you do not mind that I brought you to my bed."

"I don't," Lydia clarified, watching as Kol grabbed a long sleeved, dark green shirt from inside a drawer in his dresser and slipped it over his head.

"I do have some good news today," Kol announced, walking over to her slowly and sitting down on the edge of the bed."Alaric is dead which means that we no longer have to run from him."

"And the bad news?" Lydia raised her eyebrows, she could tell from the tone in his voice that there was bad news as well. She watched as Kol exhaled deeply and placed his hand on her knee, trying to comfort her.

"Your sister died last night, but she had vampire blood in her system," Kol responded clearly, not wanting Lydia to misunderstand what he meant."So if she chooses to turn, she will be okay."

Kol expected Lydia to be a little upset over this, even if her sister wasn't technically going to die. He expected her to ask him to take her to see Elena, in case she didn't turn, but Lydia just nodded her head once."Okay." She answered as if he just told her breakfast was ready.

"Okay?" Kol repeated, watching as Lydia squinted her eyes at him, like she had no clue why he was confused."Is that all you have to say?"

Lydia shrugged her shoulders."She'll turn and be fine. I'm not gonna worry about it. Especially when she never worries about me."