☆ 3.9 ~ war is love

you only win if you don't give up
cause love is war and war is love
~ bobi andonov, war is love

you only win if you don't give upcause love is war and war is love~ bobi andonov, war is love

It had been a while since Lydia last woke up in this particular room. She couldn't even remember the last time but she knew it was before she met Kol. Lydia used to stay at the Salvatore brother's house every once in a while. Occasionally when she spent her evening here and fell asleep or she got in a fight with Elena and didn't have anywhere else to go. But that was a lifetime ago. Before she realized what an ass Damon was and now that she was here again, she was beginning to remember that.

Lydia slowly sat up on the bed she was laying down on, glancing around the dark room. Everything felt somewhat hazy to her, like she was still stuck in a dream. But as the memories of last night rushed in, it was more like a nightmare. Rae. Silas. Losing control. It all hit her at once and she wished she could say she was indeed dreaming. But she couldn't.

Slowly, Lydia stepped off the bed, placing her feet on the wooden floors and wincing as they creaked. That would probably signal one of the Salvatores which was the last thing she needed right now. Just as she predicted, the door to the room swung open and she was greeted by the dark haired Salvatore brother.

"Woah, woah," Damon announced his presence, instantly making Lydia wish that she was anywhere but here. Damon was the last person she wanted to see right now."Where do you think you're running off to?"

"A place where people don't inject vervain into me," Lydia narrowed her eyes at Damon, growing more annoyed by the second, trying to mask the small bit of fear that crept into her. She didn't like being left unconscious and unable to defend herself.

"Sorry for saving you from going to Silas," Damon rolled his eyes."Didn't you and your boyfriend want to stop him anyways? Why aren't you listening to Kol now?"

"Because Kol doesn't know who I am!" Lydia exclaimed."So anything he says right now doesn't really matter. Just like nothing that you say matters especially not after you vervained me."

"I had to get you to come with me," Damon scanned her cautiously, noticing that she appeared to be mostly upset over that. He didn't know Lydia to get angry often. At least she didn't use to. Now she was angry at him basically every time they interacted.

"Next time find a way that doesn't result in me being unconscious and unable to defend myself," Lydia snapped at him.

Damon raised his eyebrows at her sharp tone but he decided it was best not to press the matter. He didn't need to further anger her and risk her losing control again. "Well, I have some good news for you. Your bestie Rae is very much alive."

"What?" Lydia was quick to respond. How could that be? Lydia saw her head. It was left on her door stop as a package.

"She was with Rebekah at the prom," Damon answered."Elijah found her when he went back home and she was there after. Silas got into your head. He made you see something that wasn't there."