☆ 1.27 ~ are you with me?

we're not equal parts
light and dark
we can be brilliant
~ nilu, are you with me?

Lydia laid flat against the soft mattress, staring up at the blank ceiling as she replayed the events of today

Lydia laid flat against the soft mattress, staring up at the blank ceiling as she replayed the events of today. The day started out well, just her and Kol out in the woods together. Then they had gone to breakfast and spent the rest of the morning together. After that, they returned to where they were staying and Lydia suddenly felt all those warm feelings she had go down the train. From then on the day just got progressively worse and worse until Lydia finally couldn't take anymore. Getting out of there was the best decision she could make in that moment and so she did. She called a taxi and found herself a hotel nearby that wasn't too far away.

Lydia assumed Kol was still there. After all, he hadn't come after Lydia when she left, even though he had plenty of time to. He didn't message her or call. That wasn't to say Lydia was upset over that. She needed her space right now and he probably did too. This was the first real fight they had together. They had little disagreements before but nothing that resulted in this. Lydia didn't even know where they stood, but Lydia had a feeling it wasn't a good place and that was enough to break her heart. She just felt like they were too different and before, Lydia could ignore that. She could let herself ignore that because their differences were small. But then she got a glimpse into his past and realized that she could no longer do that. They were too different. They wanted a different life.

Lydia's phone began to ring and she instantly let out a groan. She wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone now especially since she was currently crying, but when she picked up the phone and saw that it was just Stefan calling. Taking a deep breath, she answered the phone and raised it to her ear.

"Hey, Stef," Lydia spoke, her voice somewhat raspy from her crying but her attempts to hide it did nothing considering Stefan wasn't alone on the call.

"Why is she crying?" Caroline immediately asked as if Stefan would have the answer when Lydia had only said two words.

"I-I'm not crying," Lydia mumbled while trying to hide a sniffle."My nose is just stuffy."

"Something's clearly bothering you, Lydia," Stefan replied as Lydia huffed in defeat, knowing that there was no point in lying to them.

"Okay fine I'm crying," Lydia admitted tiredly."I got into a fight with Kol."

"Are you alright?" Stefan asked with concern laced in his tone.

"Where are you?" Caroline added in, not wanting Lydia to be out alone on the street or somewhere that wasn't safe.

"A-a hotel," Lydia answered while pulling herself up the bed so that she could rest her head on the white pillowcase.

"So what did Kol do?" Caroline was quick to ask which didn't surprise Lydia. She knew that Caroline and Stefan were still skeptical about her relationship with Kol so it would make sense that they were worried.