☆ 1.6 ~ bird

where does her start go from here? lost in the grip nobody's watching drowning in words so sweet mild is the water caught as a bird once free
~ billie marten, bird

where does her start go from here? lost in the grip nobody's watching drowning in words so sweet mild is the water caught as a bird once free~ billie marten, bird

Elena knew that what she was doing wouldn't necessarily work. She knew that she was pushing her luck with the situation, but as she saw Elijah standing in her room after offering a deal, she knew that if there was a time to ask it was now. Even if he already agreed to keeping her friends safe, she needed more than that for her sister. So before Elijah could take the chance to leave, she had to ask him. She had to keep Lydia safe no matter what.

"Last time, with Katherine and the other vampires, my younger sister, Lydia she wasn't safe," Elena spoke up after a moment, causing Elijah to turn his head to look back at her."We tried our best to protect her, but we can only do so much. I don't want to have anyone compel her anymore and I don't want to have another reason to worry about her, she needs to be safe."

"Your younger sister?" Elijah raised an eyebrow, he hadn't seen her sister or knew she even had one.

"As you may have noticed, I am not in college," Elena pointed out, making sure to keep her voice quiet so no one outside her bedroom heard. The last thing she needed was for Lydia to overhear anything."I stayed because she needs the help. She's sick. She was born with a bad heart and my aunt Jenna, I appreciate everything she does don't get me wrong, but she's my sister. My parents aren't here so it's my job to look after her now. She doesn't know about any of this and I need to ensure that it stays that way. I want her to live whatever time she has left happily and not afraid. So I will do whatever you want, but she stays safe and unaware of everything that is going on."

Elijah tilted his head to the side. Elena had already made a deal with him, Lydia was protected in that. But she made sure that he knew she needed to be included in that, that she needed to be safe."You wanting to protect your sister is admirable, I understand the need to protect family and I understand your motives for wanting her to be safe. So, I give you my word that Lydia will be safe. I will see to it myself."

Elena breathed out a sigh of relief. She knew that Lydia was already protected. By her, by Stefan, Damon, Caroline, Matt and Tyler. None of them would let any harm come to Lydia no matter what. They had been protecting her for years and that would never stop. But Elijah's help meant something more than that because his protection was almost a guarantee. If he promised Lydia's safety, she would be safe.

The next few days were probably the loneliest Lydia ever felt in her short life. Elena was busy, no surprise there, Jeremy didn't call, Caroline and Bonnie were out of town, Rae was sick at home and Kol hadn't responded to any of her texts or calls. Not that she sent him a lot, she didn't have the confidence to spam text him if he didn't respond. She began to worry that Elena was right, she had said that he was a playboy who would only break her heart. But Lydia knew that wasn't right. How could she be heartbroken over someone she just met? She wasn't in love with him, but something still felt off. She felt ignored. Not just by Kol, but by everyone.