☆ 5.7 ~ black out days

you should save your eyes
a thousand voices howling in my head
speak in tongues
i don't even recognize your face
mirror on the wall tell me all the ways to stay away
~ phantogram, black out days

you should save your eyesa thousand voices howling in my headspeak in tonguesi don't even recognize your facemirror on the wall tell me all the ways to stay away~ phantogram, black out days

20 comments until the next chapter

Klaus banged his fist against the cream coloured door, waiting for the person on the other end to open the door to the hotel room, wanting to get back inside as quick as possible. He had gotten some questionable looks as he headed back to the hotel room, holding Rae's limp body in his arms. Despite the method he had to use to accomplish the task, a single message from Kol told him that it was all worth it. Lydia was back. They could put an end to everything. There was just one small problem.

"Niklaus, what did you do?" Elijah gaped at his younger brother, noticing Rae instantly and opening the door for him to come up. He could feel his heart dropping in his chest as he stared down at the dead woman before him, not understanding how this had happened. He hadn't seen her in quite some time, she had been in New York the whole summer, but before that, they did see each other often. Rae forced him to keep in contact with her as well. Messaging him to see how he was doing, trying to provide any insights she had into Lydia's behaviour, and still asking for book recommendations. Given the conversation he had with Lydia years ago, he assumed she had asked Rae to check on him every once in a while.

"As usual, I did what needed to be done," Klaus responded firmly, stepping inside the room and bringing Rae over to the couch, placing her down on it gently.

Elijah quickly followed him, his eyes trailing down to see Rae laying there, still. He wished that he could say his immediate thoughts went to Rebekah. Rae was her girlfriend of two years after all and Elijah knew that Rae made her happy, but he would be lying if he said that he didn't care for Rae too. He was met with his own grief. This is exactly what Elijah didn't want to happen. He promised her that it wouldn't happen.

"This was not part of the plan," Elijah insisted.

"Your plan would not have worked," Klaus huffed."Do you really think Lydia would have turned it back on because Kol told her that he despised her or because Elena gave her some letter? No, we had to hit her hard."

"And what of our sister?" Elijah inquired, bending down by the couch and stroking Rae's cold cheek with the back of his hand."Did you not stop to think for a moment to recognize the impact that this could have on her?"

"You mustn't be so quick to label me the heartless monster, Elijah," Klaus dismissed, sitting down on the couch and tossing his head back."There is a reason I fed her my blood before I snapped her neck."

Elijah was taken aback when he heard this, somewhat relieved, but it changed little. He knew that Rae didn't want to be a vampire. It had caused a few fights between Rae and Rebekah and if he remembered correctly, that was the source of Rae's original doubts about their relationship.