☆ 1.17 ~ safe and sound

just close your eyes, the sun is going down you'll be alright, no one can hurt you now come morning light, you and i'll be safe and sound
~ taylor swift, safe and sound

just close your eyes, the sun is going down you'll be alright, no one can hurt you now come morning light, you and i'll be safe and sound~ taylor swift, safe and sound

Everything that happened after Lydia and Kol pulled a part from each other was a blur. It all happened so fast. She knew there would be consequences after she kissed Kol in front of her friends and siblings, but she was hoping that she would be wrong or that it wouldn't happen so soon. Elena was quick to pull her away from Kol and drag her outside of the gym and down the hallway. Lydia didn't even protest, she just found the whole situation to be ridiculous. It wasn't until they pushed though the double doors at the end of the hall and the crisp, cold fall air whipped against her skin in a way that made it feel like a sting.

"What the hell, Lydia?" Elena exclaimed angrily once they stopped on the pavement outside, keeping quiet for moment as a group of students pushed past them and entered the school through the doors they just used, laughing as if they didn't have a care in the world."What was that?"

"You're smart, you figure it out," Lydia knew that her defiance wouldn't help the situation, but she was tired of doing whatever Elena said. She understood that Elena was her guardian since they lost their parents, aunt and uncle, but that didn't mean she got to control whatever Lydia did.

"Lydia, this is a serious situation," Jeremy added, he came off more disappointed than angry.

"I know because how I feel about Kol is serious," Lydia responded, crossing her arms in front of her chest."I understand that you don't like him, but you've given me no valid reason as to why that is or why I can't like him. All you do is tell me that he's dangerous, but why? What has he done that's so bad?"

"You're just going to have to trust us on this, Lydia," Elena replied, not giving her a real answer which she had to know wouldn't work for Lydia.

"How can I trust you when you've given me no reason to?" Lydia narrowed her eyes."At least Kol has been there for me. He actually earned my trust, what have you done except for ignore me and then try to dictate my every move? You're my guardian, Elena, but that doesn't mean that you control me."

"It does mean that I'm responsible for you!" Elena countered, lowering her voice."I can't protect you if you're alone with him."

"Protect me from what?" Lydia demanded, growing tired of all the secrets."Are either of you going to tell me? Or am I only going to get half the information like always?"

Jeremy sighed and glanced at his older sister, placing a hand on her shoulder and squeezing it gently causing Elena to turn and lock eyes with him."Elena." From just his tone, Elena knew what he meant. He wanted to tell Lydia about all of it. Vampires, witches, werewolves, doppelgängers, he wanted Lydia to know it all if it meant not having to lie to her and getting her to understand why she shouldn't be with Kol.