☆ 5.39 ~ hurricane

i can feel your heart hanging in the air
i'm counting every step as you climb the stairs
it's buried in your bones, i see it in your closed eyes
turning in, this is harder than we know
~ fleurie, hurricane

i can feel your heart hanging in the airi'm counting every step as you climb the stairsit's buried in your bones, i see it in your closed eyesturning in, this is harder than we know~ fleurie, hurricane

25 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: anyone have any face claim ideas for a sister of stefan and damon?

Lydia never wished more for a do over. She wished that she could return to the night before when Kol showed up at her doorstep. She wished that they could do it all over again when she woke up the next morning, Kol's arms wrapped around her body, her back against his chest. She didn't want him to leave, but she understood that he had to, and hopefully, it wouldn't be much longer until they could see each other regularly again. Long distance was hard, but if it was the only option they had for now, she'd take it. She glanced over at the clock on the nightstand, seeing that it was a little after eleven in the morning. She didn't know whether she should wake Kol up or let him sleep. Lydia thought that he had to get going, but he looked so peaceful and comfortable sleeping. Lydia didn't know whether or not he was getting any proper rest in New Orleans, but she doubted it.

"Morning, Angel," Kol mumbled quietly, causing Lydia to smile as she felt Kol's lips kiss her shoulder.

"Morning," She replied, moving to turn around to face him.

"Hmm, no, don't leave," He said, but he smiled when he realized that she was just turning so that she could face him.

"When do you have to leave?" She asked, resting her head back on the pillow.

"I suppose I can stay for breakfast," Kol answered, causing Lydia to smile."If that is alright with you."

"More than alright," Lydia agreed."I don't want you to leave."

"I know," He replied."I don't want to leave either. It will just be a little while longer. Then I will move back."

"Kol, you don't have to move back just for me," Lydia reminded him. Though she loved having Kol around, she understood that he had a life in New Orleans, and she didn't want him to abandon it just for her.

"It is not just for you, darling, I need to get away from my family," He admitted."It is not normal for families to be this close to each other all the time. People need to grow. And create their own families. Like I have done with you."

Lydia could feel her cheeks heat up, and judging by the way Kol laughed, she knew that he could see it."You're sweet. And really good at this, you know?"

"Good at what?" Kol asked, not sure what it was that she was referring to.

"Being a boyfriend," Lydia shrugged before correcting herself."Being my boyfriend. But I'm starving. So we do need to get out of bed. Especially because you look like you're about to fall back asleep any second now."