☆ 5.36 ~ people help the people

no one needs to be alone or sinking
~ birdy, people help the people

25 comments until the next chapterquestion of the chapter: is there anyone you want lydia to have more scenes with?

question of the chapter: is there anyone you want lydia to have more scenes with?

Lydia opened the door the second that it rang. She had come down to the door the second she heard a car pull into the driveway and she knew that it was Alyssa since she had said she was on her way from the airport in a taxi. Lydia was excited to have her come and stay with them. She didn't know how long Alyssa would want to stay, but Lydia and Rae both agreed that she could stay as long as she needed. It was a little late in the evening by the time Alyssa arrived. Lydia had already gone to her classes and so had Rae.

"Alyssa!" Lydia exclaimed, seeing her old friend standing on the front porch with a bag on her shoulder and a suitcase at her side.

"Hey!" Alyssa smiled widely as Lydia moved to hug her, quickly wrapping her arms around Alyssa who returned the hug."Hi. I missed you."

"I missed you too," Lydia admitted. She was glad that Alyssa had agreed to stay with them. While Lydia would grow anxious whenever she thought about her time in California, Alyssa was the only good thing that came out of that experience.

"Wait, first, let me look at you," Alyssa pulled away, grabbing both of Lydia's hands instead as Lydia pulled back a bit, extending her arms."Wow. You look amazing."

"Well, the last time you saw me, I wasn't exactly at my best," Lydia admitted with a small smile, letting go of Alyssa's hands and grabbing her suitcase, pulling it inside.

"I'm glad you're doing better," Alyssa said as she stepped inside, glancing back while Lydia closed the door behind them.

"Thanks, I'm glad you're here," Lydia responded before turning her attention to Rae who had made her way to the front door."Oh, this is Rae, my best friend."

"Hi," Alyssa greeted her."Nice to meet you."

"You too," Rae responded."So we set up a place for you in the spare bedroom. We thought that you'd want to decorate it so it doesn't have much, just some basic necessities."

Alyssa nodded her head quickly and looked between the two of them."Thank you both for letting me stay here. I appreciate it a lot."

"Of course," Rae said."I'll show you the room. Lydia has a manicurist to call."

"What?" Lydia furrowed her brow, following Rae's gaze to her fingers where Lydia noticed that one of her nails had broken."Ugh. This is when I miss Stefan. He carried everything for me."

"Miss Stefan?" Alyssa repeated."Where'd he go?"

"Oh, he's still in town," Lydia corrected."We just broke up like a week ago."