☆ 6.14 ~ r.e.m

don't wanna wake up, oh no
wake up, wake up, wake up
'cause you're such a dream
if you can believe
~ ariana grande, r.e.m

15 comments until the next chapter
question of the chapter: is there anything else you think lydia and kol still need to work on in their relationship?

"If you keep your hand like that, it is going to get stuck, Dia."

Lydia rolled her eyes at Kol's words as she stared at her hand that was extended outward, holding her fingers up in the air to get a better look at the ring that was on her finger. They had arrived back in Mystic Falls a few hours ago, stopping by Lydia's house first so that she could pick up some things, but Kol insisted they did that first even though Lydia was fine with waiting. She later learned that he had left the ring with Rae for safe keeping.

It was the same ring that he had proposed with before. He was going to get her a new one, but she didn't want him to. She loved the ring the first time he proposed and she didn't think he'd find one that she liked more. It suited her well.

"I just like looking at it," Lydia sighed."Partially because it's pretty. Also because it reminds me that we're getting married."

"Yes we are," Kol answered with a small smile as he stopped to kiss her quickly before he dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out the house keys, unlocking the front door to the manor and pushing it open. They both stepped inside, eager to get out of the cold, and Kol closed the door behind them.

Lydia knew it was only a matter of time before one of his siblings came to greet or annoy them, but she didn't think she'd see Klaus emerging from the hallway the second the door shut.

"I see you two finally decided to grace us with your presence," Klaus greeted them, his eyes falling on Lydia. He reached out and grabbed her hand and lifted it up."And what is this?"

"My hand?" Lydia furrowed her brow in confusion, which made Kol chuckle from behind her. Her eyes widened with realization at what he was referring to."Oh! You mean the ring!?"

"Congratulations, sweetheart," Klaus smiled, leaning over and pressing a kiss against Lydia's cheek before he nodded his head at Kol."I suppose this means you will officially be a Mikaelson soon."

"I guess so," Lydia nodded her head, unsure of what else to say. She was surprised by his support. She knew that he had backed down from trying to control Lydia and Kol, but it was weird to see him now encouraging them rather than trying to stop them from being together. Not to mention Kol and Klaus were still not getting along, so it was a little awkward.

So Lydia was more than relieved when she saw Elijah make his way into the foyer from the opposite hallway with Rebekah at his side. She was explaining something about the food for some event, Lydia didn't think much about it. She probably should have.

"Oh! You two have returned!" Rebekah exclaimed, leaving Elijah's side and walking towards Kol and Lydia."And with a new piece of jewelry. I did not realize you were planning on proposing, Kol. No matter. I always knew you would be my sister in-law one of these days."

Lydia returned Rebekah's smile as she was pulled into a tight hug from the older vampire, squeezing her and kissing her cheek before she moved away and went to hug her brother. Elijah quickly took her place and gave Lydia a quick hug.

"So, does this mean that you are going to go by Lydia Mikaelson?" Rebekah inquired, turning to look at Lydia."Because I have been meaning to talk to you about Rosette."

"What's wrong with Rosette?" Lydia frowned.

"Lydia Rosette is not the most. . . Intimidating name for someone as powerful as yourself," Klaus added.