☆ 4.18 ~ going home

everyone wants
everyone dreams
in the end love is all we need
when we get close, everyone knows
feels like we're going home
~ the score, going home

Lydia stared at her reflection in the mirror, turning a bit so that she could see her back and get a good look at the shimmery red, blue, and black dress that clung to her body

Lydia stared at her reflection in the mirror, turning a bit so that she could see her back and get a good look at the shimmery red, blue, and black dress that clung to her body. She shrivelled her nose once she got a good look and turned to take a look at Rebekah who stood on a pedestal beside her, also staring into the mirror. The two of them were trying on dresses together for the winter ball they would be hosting on Christmas, but so far, neither of them were having much luck. They had to drive into the nearest city just to be able to find decent stores. Mystic Falls wasn't exactly known for its extravagant ball gowns.

"This looks more like a Halloween costume than it does as a dress for a Christmas party," Lydia huffed in disgust as she kicked off the matching heels she was wearing since the dress was a bust."

"I do not think doom and gloom are quite your colours," Rebekah agreed."But at least you do not look like a lagoon."

Lydia stifled a laugh at the aqua coloured dress that one of the stylists picked out for her. It was far too big with several layers and Lydia was certain Rebekah would never be able to walk in it, much to Lydia's relief. She was hoping that Rebekah wouldn't be able to find the perfect dress, which was why Lydia had suggested the stores that they had already been to. They were terrible in her opinion. It took some convincing to put a stop to Rebekah's idea to fly to Paris quickly, but Lydia was able to do so."I think this store is going to be a bust."

"That's an understatement," Rebekah added as she watched Lydia reach for her phone when it beeped, noticing how she frowned."Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," Lydia nodded her head."It's just Rae. Her parents are supposed to come home tonight to discuss their situation. She's worried."

"That they won't care?" Rebekah raised an eyebrow.

"That they won't even show up," Lydia corrected."Her dad's coming back from his trip in a few hours and her mom is still at work. She's actually not too far from here."

Rebekah nodded her head slowly as one of the people who worked in the fitting area helped her unzip the dress.

"I hope you don't mind, but I uh, invited Elena," Lydia informed her. She normally wouldn't invite Elena on an outing with Rebekah, but Lydia needed her help with something and now was a good time to do it.

"That's alright, I have a few things I need to take care of," Rebekah replied."I have to hunt down a new gift for you since Nik went rogue with ours."

"You don't have to get me anything, Bekah," Lydia shook her head."Nik gave it to me, but it's still from all of you."

"We always do a gift exchange on Christmas Eve," Rebekah explained."It is tradition and you should get used to it."

"I suck at giving gifts," Lydia mumbled."You guys will kick me out faster than you accepted me."