☆ 5.1 ~ where's my love

if she ran away, come back home
just come home
i got a fear, oh, in my blood
she was carried up into the clouds, high above
~ syml, where's my love

Kol breathed with ease as he stared down at the woman in his arms, watching as she stared up at the night sky in admiration, watching the stars

Kol breathed with ease as he stared down at the woman in his arms, watching as she stared up at the night sky in admiration, watching the stars. It was a beautiful night. The sky was clear, the weather was warm, but not hot, and it didn't feel like he was laying on hard wood. Lydia devoted a good amount of time into making sure that their spot was comfortable, bringing a thick comforter, blankets, and pillows so that they would be able to relax together.

"Aren't stars the prettiest thing you have ever seen?" Lydia asked with a happy sigh.

"I could think of something that is much more beautiful," Kol whispered as he placed a kiss against her cheek, causing her to blush and smile widely.

"Do you ever turn your charm off?" Lydia wondered as she turned to gaze at her boyfriend instead

"When I am around you?" Kol asked, grabbing her hand and taking it into his before he raised it to her lips and placed a kiss against her knuckle."Never. How else would I be able to make sure you know I love you?"

"I already know that you love me," Lydia replied gently."But it's kinda sad, you know? Stars, they shine so beautifully. Every night. For years and years. And then one day, they're just gone. You don't even realize it. There's nothing you can do to stop it."

"Angel, they have a pretty long life span," Kol reminded her."Though I am sure we will outlive a few."

"What if our love is just like the stars?" Lydia breathed out."What if we go years and years loving each other. Then one day, I just look at you or you look at me, and the love is gone."

"There is not a person on this Earth that I love more than you," Kol assured her."There is no one that makes me happier. I will always love you. That is as true today as it is a thousand years from now. I will never stop loving you, Lydia."

"That's what worries me," Lydia sighed as turned to look at Kol, placing her hands on his cheeks and smiling softly."It's been two years, Kol. It's time to move on. I'm not with you. I don't care about what we promised each other when we were in love. I'm gone. It's time for you to move on. Wake up. And move on."

Kol jolted awake in his bed, being ripped out of his dream suddenly. It started out pleasant enough. They all had. Every night he would dream of Lydia. One of the moments they spent together. It started out as he remembered it, but then it would change. It would end with Lydia telling him to move on, to forget about her. Kol could never do that.

In fact, his worries for her only grew. Two years. It had been two years since he last saw her. Her humanity was off for two years. She isolated herself from the people she cared about. She couldn't feel love or happiness. She couldn't feel anything. Kol didn't even want to think about what it would be like for her when she finally turned it back on. When she was met with everything that she had been avoiding for the last two years.