☆ 5.20 ~ echo

TW: hallucinations
sometimes when i close my eyes, i pretend i'm alright but it's never enough
'cause my echo, echo is the only voice coming back
shadow, shadow is the only friend that i have
~ jason walker, echo

TW: hallucinations sometimes when i close my eyes, i pretend i'm alright but it's never enough'cause my echo, echo is the only voice coming backshadow, shadow is the only friend that i have~ jason walker, echo

30 comments for the next chapter!
question of the chapter: do you think lydia and kol should adopt?

Lydia wasn't used to feeling physical pain. Mental pain she had more than her fair share of, but she was lucky enough to not be severely injured. With the exception of one minor car accident. However, there were a few times when she would wake up in pain. Like after falling the day before, bumping into something, or pushing herself too hard while she was working out. But today, her whole body felt stiff as she tried to pull herself from her bed, like she had decided to do a full body workout instead of sleeping and lost all memories of it.

Other than that, Lydia felt. . . Good. Which was an unfamiliar feeling to her. She couldn't remember the last time she woke up to either feeling nothing or being overwhelmed by guilt. But when she woke up today, none of that seemed to matter. It was like her mind couldn't even focus on it, no matter how much she tried. So Lydia didn't push it. Instead, she took a deep breath, opening her eyes, but instantly squinting from the light of the sun that seemed brighter than usual.

Once Lydia managed to get up, she moved to close the curtains, preferring to be in the dark and block out any sun that was coming through the window. Just as she did so, her phone began to ring. Lydia quickly turned to her nightstand and grabbed it, seeing that it was Stefan.

"Hey, Stefan," Lydia greeted cheerily. It took Stefan a second to respond, Lydia didn't know why.

"Lydia? Hey, uh, you sound. . . Awake?" Stefan answered, sounding unsure which only made Lydia giggle in response.

"Obviously, what are you calling for?" Lydia asked before her eyes widened slightly."And I don't mean that in like a 'hey you're annoying me' kinda way but like what did you need? Like why-"

"Hey, Lydia, I understand," Stefan cut her off."And I just wanted to let you know that I picked up the stuff you asked for. I thought that I could drop it off in a little why? When are you free?"

"Uh, any time?" Lydia thought about it for a second before answering."I have today off. So whenever is good for you and can we go somewhere?"

"Uh, sorry?" Stefan responded, not sure that he heard Lydia correctly.

"I think I want to get out of here," She explained to him, walking towards her closet to pick out an outfit."I've been stuck here for like two weeks. I could use some time out of here. And with. . . People. Who aren't scared vampires or witches."

There was silence on the other end for a moment, and for a split second, Lydia was worried that she overstepped. He had been here for nearly two weeks too. He certainly didn't have to devote all his time to helping her, but for some reason, he did.