☆ 4.1 ~ rule the world

i realized we could rule the world
~ 2 chains featuring ariana grande, rule the world

There was something about clubs that always made Lydia feel strangely euphoric, as if she had entered a new dimension the second she stepped through the black door and was greeted by the flashing strobe lights and the thumping music

There was something about clubs that always made Lydia feel strangely euphoric, as if she had entered a new dimension the second she stepped through the black door and was greeted by the flashing strobe lights and the thumping music. The cool air conditioned room made her skin tingle and while the smell of alcohol was always unpleasant to Lydia, she had grown quite used to it over the summer. She was beginning to realize, however, that clubbing wasn't exactly for her. At least, not the types of clubs she was going to in search of Katherine Pierce. She didn't enjoy the way her heels would touch the sticky floors or having to avoid someone spilling their drink on her. Most of all, she absolutely hated the men that would hit on her. Though she did quite enjoy pulling their tongues out once they were finished, leaving them unable to speak that way to anyone ever again.

Lydia had spoken with several people that night, but not one of them gave her the information she was after. She would have been disappointed, if that wasn't exactly what she wanted. She needed the night to end in a dead end. She did not want any new leads. She needed to create her own.

Currently, Lydia leaned against a glass bar, running her finger around the rim of the small glass that rested in front of her. She peered up at the man she was talking to with very little interest, she was barely paying attention.

"And that's how I was able to score the winning goal at my football game," The man bragged pathetically, sending her a flashing smile that made Lydia want to gag."You could say I'm my college's hero. Not that I want to brag or anything."

Lydia laughed slightly and shook her head."Do you realize that you've been talking about yourself for the past thirty three minutes? The only person deserving of praise here is me for resisting the urge to ripping out your vocal cords."

Lydia could see the frown on the man's lips through the changing colours of the lights in the room, not that she cared that she upset him. She pulled away from the bar and flipped her hair behind her shoulder."You're just not interesting enough to be a self absorbed dick. I mean, I have hung around some of the most interesting people who have been around for centuries and definitely have bragging rights. They could go on for days about their lives and I would hang off their every word, you on the other hand. . ."

"Centuries?" He sounded confused, not that Lydia could blame him. She would be too if she didn't know about vampires."Are you using a hyper bowl or something?"

Lydia squinted her eyes at him before laughing at him."Did you mean a hyperbole? Idiot. And no. They've actually been around for centuries because they, just like me, are vampires."

"Vampires?" He exclaimed, shaking his head and taking a few steps back from Lydia."Okay, you're officially crazy."

"And where are you running off to?" Lydia raised an eyebrow, reaching forward and grabbing his forearm, forcing him to stay in his place."Anyways, I'm not crazy. What I am is nice. Too nice. I agreed to hang out with you for a bit because you said you knew something about Katherine Pierce. So, you should tell me the truth before I make sure you're never able to utter a single word again."