☆ 5.6 ~ all we do

i've been upside down
i don't wanna be the right way round
can't find paradise on the ground
~ oh wonder, all we do

i've been upside downi don't wanna be the right way roundcan't find paradise on the ground~ oh wonder, all we do

17 comments for the next chapter

"I thought Mrs. Haynes told you not to do that."

Lydia huffed in annoyance upon hearing the girl's voice behind her. She gripped the metal handle bar in front of her and shut her eyes tightly, hoping that when she opened them, the little girl would be gone and she would be free to continue with what she needed to do. That didn't happen.

"Can you even hear me?"

"Unfortunately," Lydia responded tiredly, turning around on her heel to look at the seven year old girl standing in front of her. Lydia knew of her. They had been in the same class for years, but Lydia and her never really spoke. Lydia didn't speak much to anyone. She tried to, but no one seemed to want to talk to her either so she kept to herself. The only people who were nice to her were the friends of her older sister."Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Mrs. Haynes asked me to go find you," Rae shrugged her shoulders, but she was quick to turn the attention back to Lydia."You've been gone for a while."

Lydia rolled her eyes and turned back to the bar, getting ready to pull herself up onto the top of the play structure that she was on like she had planned to do before Rae showed up to interrupt her.

"You're going to fall!" Rae insisted, stepping forward a bit."It's not safe. And Mrs. Haynes told you to-"

"I know, that's why I waited till recess was over so I could come outside by myself," Lydia reminded her, turning back around to face her since it was clear that Rae wasn't going anywhere. Lydia wasn't surprised. She knew Rae to be a bit of a teacher's pet. Always ready to answer a question, always did as she was told, and always told the other students to listen to their teacher. Lydia was well behaved and polite, but she was stubborn and when she set her mind to something, she wasn't going to change it.

"We aren't allowed to leave the school without-" Rae began, but Lydia just rolled her eyes again.

"Then go inside," Lydia shrugged her shoulders."I'm busy."

"Why do you care so much about that nest anyways?" Rae questioned, looking up at the top of one of the beams on the playground where a bird had built its nest. It was currently empty and all day, Lydia had tried to move it. She didn't give up. She tried before class started, she tried at recess, and she tried to sneak out at lunch.

"Because those boys kept throwing wood chips at the nest," Lydia sounded annoyed."And when I told Mrs. Haynes, she just said that's what boys do. So leave if you won't help."

"Someone has to be here to get help when you fall," Rae sighed, taking a step back. She didn't know much about Lydia. She didn't really talk much in class. What Rae did know was that Lydia was determined and once she set her mind to something, she wasn't going to change it. She was very curious too. But sad. She always seemed sad and lonely and tired."Aren't you scared of falling?"