☆ 1.16 ~ secret love song

why can't you hold me in the street?
why can't i kiss you on the dancefloor?
i wish that it could be like that why can't we be like that? cause i'm yours
~ little mix featuring jason derulo, secret love song

why can't you hold me in the street? why can't i kiss you on the dancefloor?i wish that it could be like that why can't we be like that? cause i'm yours~ little mix featuring jason derulo, secret love song

Lydia had never hated being in a hospital more than she did in that moment and she had never wanted to leave so badly. She had been there for about two days. After Kol convinced her to tell Dr. Fell about what happened, she suggested that she stay just to be safe and Lydia agreed. Being in the hospital wasn't so bad. That was until everyone decided they were going to take turns staying with her. She appreciated what she was doing, but she didn't want to go another minute listening to Caroline rant about an upcoming dance, Damon making tasteless jokes, and Stefan asking her how she was feeling every chance he got. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't out of the woods yet. Even if she was being discharged in a little bit.

"So which one do you prefer?" Caroline asked happily, holding up two dresses on hangers and shifting them up and down like a seesaw, trying to spark an interest in Lydia, but that was proving to be rather difficult in that moment.

Lydia let out a tired sigh while leaning back against the pillows on her bed. She should've known that being hospitalized wasn't an excuse to ditch a school dance for Caroline, not when Lydia was technically capable of going. She just wasn't up to it."Caroline, I probably won't even be going to the dance. In case you haven't noticed where we are. . ."

"You're getting discharged in like twenty minutes," Caroline dismissed Lydia's comment."So I booked us and Rae for a manicure and pedicure. She wants you to go to the dance too. I figured we'd go to the hair salon the day of? Although I'm debating just doing your hair myself."

"But I'm sick," Lydia pouted, hoping that Caroline would buy it but she just sent her a look that said otherwise.

"You literally challenged Jeremy to see who could do the most pushups," Caroline reminded her, watching as Lydia rolled her eyes over something stupid she did when Jeremy made a joke about her being weak because she dropped her phone on her face."So take that energy and put it towards dancing. And picking a dress."

"I don't know," Lydia contemplated, looking between the two dresses. They looked pretty similar to her. She honestly wasn't even paying attention."The one on the right. Is that even my size?"

"No," Caroline answered as if it were obvious."This is just to give me an idea of what you like. We're going shopping later. I still can't believe your year decided to skip the decade dance and do a stupid masquerade party instead."

"At least no one will have to see my face," Lydia shrugged her shoulders, looking on the bright side for once.

"Oh shut up, you're gorgeous," Caroline waved her off, thinking that Lydia was putting herself down.

"I meant because I'm gonna look annoyed the whole time," Lydia corrected, watching as Caroline once again narrowed her eyes at Lydia. Luckily for her, there was a knock at the door and Elena opened it slightly so that she could enter partially.