☆ 5.28 ~ focus

i know what i came to do
and that ain't gonna change
so go ahead and talk your talk
'cause i won't take the bait
i'm over here doing what i like
~ ariana grande, focus

i know what i came to doand that ain't gonna changeso go ahead and talk your talk'cause i won't take the baiti'm over here doing what i like~ ariana grande, focus

25 comments until the next chapter.
question of the chapter: which act has been your favourite so far?

Lydia didn't know how her and Rae got roped into helping set up for the party. More specifically, she didn't know how they got put on snack and drink duty. Lydia liked shopping, but not for groceries. She couldn't remember the last time she even went grocery shopping. The Mikaelsons hired someone, she hired someone in New York, and Rae liked to get groceries since she liked to cook. The only time she went was when she was going to pick up her favourite snacks. One of which was marshmallows. Which she already got.

"So, is Stefan coming tonight?" Rae asked as they headed into the alcohol section. They already picked up some snacks, and Rae bought some ingredients for some things she wanted to make.

"No. I gave him a pass," Lydia shook her head, pushing the shopping cart down the aisle. He had offered to come, but Lydia knew college parties weren't really his scene and she didn't want to force him to come if he didn't want to."He isn't that into parties. Did you invite anyone from the school?"

"Yeah. A few students I met that seem alright," Rae shrugged her shoulders as they stopped in front of one of the fridges. Neither of them moving. Caroline had asked them to grab some beer for the party.

"What?" Lydia asked, noticing that Rae wasn't moving to grab the beer, instead she was looking at Lydia like she was waiting on her.

"Aren't you gonna get it?" Rae nodded her head towards the fridge.

"Get what?" Lydia frowned.

"The beer."

"I don't know what to get," Lydia shrugged her shoulders. She never drank beer. She was sure she had a sip or two once, but it wasn't something she ever bought."I don't drink beer. The Mikaelsons never bought it and I didn't really drink until I met them. That came out like they made me drink. They didn't. I was just, you know, under the belief that I was dying so I didn't drink before then."

"Well, I don't drink it either," Rae reminded her."Rebekah only bought wine and champagne."

Lydia almost laughed. The Mikaelsons had their hands all over so many aspects of her life. She didn't mind this one though, they did expose her to nicer things, but now she was having a harder time adapting to the typical life of a college student.

"I guess we can just grab whatever," Rae shrugged her shoulders, reaching forward and opening the fridge door, grabbing a few different cases and loading them into the cart."So have you seen Rebekah since?"

"Once. She made some snide comment about my pants and then walked away," Lydia shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm sorry," Rae apologized."I feel like she's being hard on you because I broke up with her."