☆ 2.10 ~ running

when our picture fades in the sun
and all the colours blur in to one
i'll keep running to the place where i belong
when you think you're on your own
i'm still coming home
~ james bay, running

when our picture fades in the sunand all the colours blur in to onei'll keep running to the place where i belongwhen you think you're on your owni'm still coming home~ james bay, running

Caroline picked at her lip nervously, staring at her best friend who laid dying in her bed at the Mikaelson Manor. They figured that Lydia would be much more comfortable here rather than in Caroline's bed. One thing about the situation was really irking Caroline. Lydia looked sickly. Her skin was abnormally pale for her and she had dark lines under her eyes. Her lips had lost all colour and each breath she took was shaky, her skin was glistening from sweat but she was shivering. That wasn't the odd thing to Lydia. All of that was to be expected. What was odd to Caroline was that Lydia seemed so relaxed like she was having a pleasant dream. She didn't seem like she was dying.

She had been like this for over an hour, with Caroline standing worried at the door the whole time. Lydia had stirred when they had moved her, but she only mumbled a few words no one could understand and then drifted off again.

"Staring at her is not going to make her wake up any faster, love," Klaus suddenly appeared beside Caroline, causing her to jump a bit since she had been so focused on Lydia she wasn't thinking about her surroundings."It is not going to heal her either."

"How far out is Kol?" Caroline asked for what seemed like the hundredth time since Klaus told her Kol thought he found a way.

"They only just took off," Klaus reminded her."Roughly twelve hours."

Caroline sighed. She wished there was some quicker way for Kol to get here faster. There were so many supernatural elements in her lives and beings too. Why weren't any of them capable of creating a magic portal."Do you think she has twelve hours? Whatever it is, it seems to be progressing rapidly. She was better when you brought her in but now. . . I don't know."

Klaus thought about it for a moment. While Lydia had gotten sick after drinking the vampire blood, it was while she was sleeping that she began to look physically ill and Tyler had mentioned that he noticed the same thing when she awoke from a vampire the other night.

"We need to wake her up," Klaus suddenly exclaimed, making his way past the door and into the room, heading over to Lydia as soon as quickly as he could."It is her mind that is killing her and when is one most locked into their own mind?"

"When they're sleeping," Caroline answered, watching while Klaus shook Lydia awake only her eyes didn't open immediately. She didn't even react to his touch, she seemed limp yet she was still breathing."Oh my god, why isn't she waking?"

Klaus was about to answer when Lydia suddenly shot awake in her spot, her eyes snapping open as she took a deep breath. Caroline instantly let out a sigh of relief but Lydia didn't seem as comforted as she did. Lydia raised her hands to her head almost instantly as if something had just collided with her head. She glanced up, noticing Klaus standing over her.