𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"So, uh, Miguel... What did you say your last name was again?" My dad speaks up as we sit around the table, eating the dinner he brought in.

"Oh, it's Juarez... Cinqua... Tiago..." Stiles answers for the boy and I raise my brow at the boy, causing him to shoot me a glare.

"That's a mouthful. How do you spell that?" Dad wonders aloud and Derek gives Stiles a pointed look as I snort in amusement.

"Phonetically" Stiles replies shortly.

"Idiot" I mutter under my breath.

Clearly Stiles doesn't like my description of him because he pinches my thigh and I choke on my food, kicking him roughly in response. The boy yelps in pain, scowling at me and I grin at him smugly.

"Mr. McCall, you're an FBI agent?" Derek questions, pulling my attention away from the boy sat next to me.

"He's low-level. Very low-level. He doesn't even have a voice" Stiles tries to sway Derek away fro asking any questions but it clearly doesn't work.

"So, do you investigate murders?" Derek asks my dad.

"Sometimes, when it's a federal crime" Dad nods at the young boy.

"What about fires?" Derek adds curiously.

"Oh, my God. I wonder where Scott is. Shouldn't Scott be here by now? We should call Scott..." Stiles chuckles out anxiously and I turn to the Hale boy on the other side of me.

"I don't think he deals with any fires, kiddo" I assure him, giving him a soft smile as Stiles pulls out his phone to contact my brother.

"What kind of fires are you talking about?" Dad questions in confusion and I feel the urge to stab him with my fork.

"Do you know anything about the Hale family?" Derek elaborates.

Much to Stiles and I protesting in worry, my father proceeds to tell Derek all about the Hale fire that killed most of the family. Derek gets more and more agitated as my dad speaks and he finally snaps, jumping up from the table.

"Are you okay, son?" Dad questions in concern as Stiles and I stand up too.

"Miguel just needs to lay down for a bit. I'm gonna show him to Scott's room" I blurt out and I grab onto the younger boy's arm, using my powers to send him calming energy.

My transmission seems to work a little as the boy leans into me and I smile at him reassuringly, keeping my gentle hold on his arm.

"Yeah, let's go do that" Stiles urges Derek and I towards the steps.

Derek glares at Stiles but allows me to tug him up the stairs and into my twin brother's bedroom, coaxing him onto the edge of the bed. Before I can get him to sit down Derek slips from my hold and grabs a hold of Stiles, slamming him against the wall.

"Derek!" I snap in a warning tone.

"You lied to me" Derek growls out in anger.