𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝚂𝙸𝚇

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Dr Gardner's not back until next week" My mom tells Stiles as we stand at the front desk "Do you want to try waiting for one of the urgent care doctors or..."

Stiles shakes his head, looking really overwhelmed as he backs up away from the desk with tears in his eyes.

"Stiles" I speak, grabbing his arm in worry.

"Are you all right?" My mom asks, jumping up from her seat.

"I don't know" Stiles answers shakily "I guess- I guess not really"

"All right, kiddo" Mom nods, placing a hand on his shoulder "All right. Come with me. It's okay"

She tries to usher him away but before he allows her to navigate him through the hospital, he turns his head to me and grabs my hand.

"D'you want me to come with you?" I ask and he nods, tugging me next to him "Okay"

Mom shows us to an empty room on one of the less busy floors and tells Stiles to sit down on the bed as she runs out to get a notepad. The Stilinski boy squeezes my hand, reminding me that he's still holding it and I look down at him, noticing a pink tint to his cheeks.

"Are you hot?" I ask him in concern.

"I don't know. You tell me" He jokes and I crack a smile, shaking my head.

"Shut up, dork" I huff, pressing the back of my free hand against his forehead.

The heat radiating off his skin causes my eyebrows to shoot up as I drop his hand and he frowns at me.

"Why'd you let go?" He asks.

"Stiles, you're boiling" I state, pushing his jumping off his shoulders.

"Whoa, at least buy me dinner first" He says in surprise as I pull his jumper off him, throwing it onto the chair in the corner of the room.

"Stop with the jokes. You're ill" I warn him and he rolls his eyes.

Mom reenters the room and smiles warmly at the boy, stopping next to me as she places her notepad down on the table.

"Can you tell me about your symptoms?" She asks him.

"Blackouts. But not for that long" He starts and she begins writing it down "And sleepwalking, which I used to do a lot as a kid"

"That pesky sleepwalking of yours" I hum and he smiles, nodding.

"Um...Also having some really bad anxiety" He states.

"Panic attacks?" Mom questions.

"Yeah, a couple" He answers "Oh, and I temporarily lost the ability to read. But that might have had more to do with this giant magic tree and a whole human sacrifice thing"

Mom chuckles and I shake my head at his tendency to make sarcastic jokes in every situation.

"I recall something vaguely about that, yes" Mom replies in a joking manor "How many hours of sleep are you getting?"