𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝚈 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The Oni attack and I immediately shove Lydia at Stiles, blasting the Oni trying to attack her.

"Move!" I warn the pair and they run, getting out of the way.

I try my hardest to dodge every swipe of their blade while fighting back, but they're much faster than they were before causing me to end up backed into my brother and Kira.

"How is this happening? How are we in this place?" Scott huffs out.

"You're asking me? A month ago, I'd never even touched a sword!" Kira shrieks.

"Something's not right" I breathe out, causing the pair to look at me in worry.

Before either of them can question me, the Oni attack again and we're forced apart to fight them back. The shadows manage to knock Kira's katana out of her hand and they corner her, pointing their blades at her.

I move to help her when I'm grabbed from behind and I feel the sharp steel scratching at my throat, making me still in surprise. I look up and I see Stiles holding Kira's katana, holding it to his stomach.

"Stiles, no! Stiles!" Scott shouts from where he's being held by the Oni.

"What if it saves you? What if it saves all of you?" Stiles argues.

"Don't you dare, Stiles!" I repeat with wild frightened eyes.

"What if it's just another trick?" Lydia speaks up.

"No more tricks, Lydia" Void counters "End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself"

"Scott, no" I plead.

"Do it, Scott. Be his kaishakunin. Give up the game" Void encourages my scared looking brother.

Stiles pauses with a confused expression and looks from the blade he's holding to the floor behind him. I follow his gaze and frown in confusion when I notice the business textbook laying in the snow.

"You have no moves left" Void tells Stiles who lowers the katana.

"I do" Stiles counters, throwing the katana back to Kira "A divine move"

"Stop fighting them! It's an illusion!" Stiles warns us "You have to stop fighting them. It looks real and it feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me- it's an illusion"

The four Oni stand in front of Void by the door, two on each side and they're wielding their blades. My brother walks straight towards them and none of us hesitate to follow him.

The Oni slash at us, slicing our skin and the pain flares through my whole body like I'm on fire. Although the pain becomes unbearable and my knees go weak, I don't stop following my twin brother's lead.

Scott reaches Void first and he lunges at him, pushing him roughly at the door which bursts open. I stumble forwards and blink a few times as I look around at the high school hallway that we expected when we first opened the door.

I look down at my body and the wounds from the Oni have all disappeared, apart from the ones I received at the camp.

"We're okay" My brother declares in awe "We're-"