𝙵𝙾𝚁𝚃𝚈

𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Hey, dude, where the hell have you been?" Stiles hollers at my brother as we approach him.

"The police are leaving!" Lydia snaps, walking up to us "Why are they leaving?"

"The police?" Scott asks in confusion.

"They must have cleared the building and grounds, which means he's not here" Stiles explains.

"Who? What are you guys-" Scott is cut off.

"He has to be here!" Lydia argues in frustration "That sound- The buzzing I've been hearing? It's getting louder"

"How loud?" I ask curiously.

"It's like they're right here" She answers.

Stiles and Lydia head outside to talk to the Sheriff while Scott and I head to the south hallway to meet with our mom. We turn the corner and I see our mom walk towards us with a plastic bag in her hand.

"You got it?" Scott asks and she opens the bag to show him inside before he takes it from her.

"Promise me you'll both be careful" She demands "I looked right in this guy's eyes, and it was terrifying"

"Yeah. Okay, Mom. I promise" Scott nods and she looks to me.

"I promise that I'll be careful, Momma" I assure her "Okay?"

"Okay" She sighs.

Scott kisses her forehead and I peck her cheek, making her smile softly at us. My brother heads off to meet with Isaac and the twins to see if they can sniff Barrow out while I set off in search for Lydia, Allison and Stiles. I find them in an empty classroom and enter as Allison pulls up the blinds. They all greet me with small smiles, Stiles nodding at me and I nod back.

"The Bestiary is literally 1000 pages long" The Argent girl declares, opening the window "If I'm going to find anything about flies coming out of people's bodies, it could take me all night"

"Where is Garcia when you need her?" I mumble under my breath, causing Stiles to smile at me in amusement.

"And remember, the word in Archaic Latin for fly is musca" Lydia tells the raven haired girl who is climbing out the window.

"Got it" Allison chirps.

The window closes behind the girl and Lydia turns to Stiles and I.

"Where do we start?" She asks.

"Upstairs" Stiles answers before looking at the clock "We gotta go"

The three of us run up the stairs and start searching the classrooms as thoroughly as possible.

We walk towards the last art class on the hall and I decide to check the supply closet first. Once I confirm that it's empty, I shut the door and turn, bumping into someone. Hands grab my waist to steady me and I grab their shoulders. I look up and my eyes meet with the chocolate brown pair that belong to Stiles.